Thule Xsporter owners

jruba

Adventurer
How do you cut the legs on this rack to install on a Tacoma , I had this rack on my older Ram , but now Im a very happy owner of a 2014 Tacoma and would like to install it but I like the low profile look , just order the adapters for the bed ... looking for ideas and suggestions , thanks in advance.

its the xporter 500 by the way ..

YotaPilot

Adventurer
I did this on my 2001 and my Dad did it on his 2005. Put them down as low as possible before cutting. Make a mark with a sharpie where that height is. Then decide how much lower you want it. Remove it from the base, measure from your mark, then cut there. One consideration though is still being able to lift it to cab height to transport things like lumber, kayaks, or surfboards and have the cargo go over the cab. So don't cut off too much if this is a factor for you.

enzo

Explorer
You could always try Tacomaworld. I had the Xsporter 220xt on my Tacoma when I had one. Cutting those legs was a pita.

jruba

Adventurer
I have searched on TW but 90 % the threads I found is people selling their racks , I definitely need to leave clearance to able to carry my kayaks , received the thule adapters this morning, when I get home hopefully will start the install and take measurements , let see what happens ..
here's a picture of my current set up soon to be changed :ylsmoke:

Attachments

• 20140405_140436.jpg
    20140405_140436.jpg
    525.1 KB · Views: 19

jruba

Adventurer
Last night install , this is at the lowest position ... need to figure out how much I wanna cut :(

Attachments

• Thule[1].jpg
    Thule[1].jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Thule 1[1].jpg
    Thule 1[1].jpg
    445.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Thule 3[1].jpg
    Thule 3[1].jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 16

Forum statistics

Threads