Timescapes, a modern portrait of the American Southwest....the film!

smslavin

Adventurer
rad.

i just started goofing around with timelapse. nothing worth sharing yet but i'm working on it.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Tom's work is incredible!:Wow1: Thanks for posting that.

I'm looking forward to the movie's release. :wings:

Michael Slade

Untitled
I have watched his progression over the past 3-5 years and I must say that he is revolutionizing motion control timelapse...him along with a few others who are developing the hardware.

As we know...hardware does not drive vision. It can help, but hardware alone does not make a movie. Tom has an uncanny ability to combine what the hardware can do to help execute and refine what he wants to say.

Aside from falling in love with that dead juniper and returning to it over and over again, his work is stunning. I too am in awe of what he has done and look forward to seeing the release.

ywen

Explorer
THanks! I've been following his blog on this project but didn't realize something new was posted recently.. looks amazing... although I'm curious how he will tie in the various locations.. I hope there will be a story to tie them together as well.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP! This guy's the master of timelapsed camera movements.. I LOVE that shot of the manzanar site.. I have not seen a better done time lapse...

DrMoab

Explorer
interesting that he is throwing some video footage in using Red cameras. Neat stuff, thanks for posting this.

JayGannon

Adventurer
I've been following Tom for a while now, he is a great guy and a master of his work.
If your into the work check out Baraka and koyaanisqatsi which are the seminal works in the beautiful moviemaking world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad