Tire Question

TheSkeeter

I have 3 tires I'm considering and would like some opinions. BFG AT KO2, Nitro Terra Grappler G2 and Cooper AT3. Tire size is 275/70R18 and the vehicle is a 2007 Tundra DC 4x4. It'll be a daily driver and light trail vehicle. Thanks

ADVW/Liam

Adventurer
I currently have the Cooper ST MAXX, and I'm happy with them. If the AT3 is as good, then I'd go with that. I watched a cooper tire test on you tube done by some Australian guys, and was impressed. They ran over 2 or 3 inch steel spikes at varying tire pressures, and the results were outstanding for the ST MAXX.

tarditi

Explorer
The KO2 is DEFINITELY NOT the old BFG AT. I had the Older AT KOs on a couple different vehicles and they were good, but the new KO2s are great.

The sidewalls are very stiff on the higher load range models, too... something to consider if towing/hauling (or trying to air down!).

I've heard good feedback on the Coopers. Considered Goodyear Duratracs?

p nut

butter
Not sure what your definition of "light trail" is, but if it's like any typical east coast dirt road, just get some Michelin M/S. Better ride, better MPG, and may last longer than some of those tires mentioned.

I just put a set of 6 ply duratrax on my runner last week. They perform well in the snow but they drone at speeds over 30 mph. Not as bad as mud tires but definitely louder than my other set of bf a/t kos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike2100

Observer
I have Terra Grappler G1 and they're fine for daily use. Only downside is they hum on the highway. For only light trail use I would definitely go with the Cooper AT3.

SigSense

Adventurer
Is your gas mileage important to you? Anything more than a "C" is really adding weight to your vehicle and lowering your MPGs. I am running KO2's load range C on my Taco right now and lost about 1.5 to 2 MPG. They are a great tire, so far handling everything I drive in (snow, off-road, forest trails and daily commutes). Have also heard good reviews on the AT3. If you're only doing light off-road, try to get the lightest tire possible. Will you be towing anything?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design