Trailer build thread consolidated

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
Been in venolandia...for my daughters baptism.....back in the real world as of today :luxhello:

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
"Looking awesome ......Lets see it painted.."

see last page.........

only painted the parts that either needed paint, or were going to be stone chipped ...ie all the front panels I left bare ALU, the shine will dull over time

...hopefully

Gregny

Adventurer
UK4X4 said:
"Looking awesome ......Lets see it painted.."

see last page.........

only painted the parts that either needed paint, or were going to be stone chipped ...ie all the front panels I left bare ALU, the shine will dull over time

...hopefully

Sorry I thought that was gray primer on the steel.

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
grey underneath and a sort of khaki on top....

As far as paint goes I'm leaving smurf blue to Drew:D

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
DMV done.......whopee now road legal.

Brought all the reciepts explained that all had state Tax paid.....
Showed build photos
and sketch designs

$ 37 and out the door in 40 mins........that has got to be my DMV record

Rezarf <><

Explorer
Yeah, I was shocked, I didn't even have to do that much. I walked out for around 40 bucks and didn't have to do ANYTHING! it is kinda scary what could be on the road without any inspection.

Glad your up and running.

Drew

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the interest

My "dog kennel" is still in the container...its rumoured to have passed somalia safely and is at present sitting in the Muscat docks after 3 months at sea............

The only trip we took it on so far...the batteries were'nt charged in the camera..up in the sierras, it rode great.

So not yet is the answer to that.....but I should have it next week, unpack the house and then re-assemble the trailer.

my company won't ship "trailers"....but a huge dog kennel was fine:peepwall:

This country is a camp anywhere you want...beach wadis mountains desert
no gates -restrictions-entry fees-or reservations required

So you be seeing lots of update pics pretty soon

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
Well the trailer finally showed up at the beginning of December,

then it was crimbo.

We've only done two camping trips with it due to the lack of power in the Toyo I bought.

Offroad it handles great, the suspension is wicked, on road you don't even notice it

Camping is not as easy now with a little one, just the quantity of baby gear required is huge

and now summer is in full swing...

40oC Plus is not camping weather with a young baby.

Any way as the heat arrived out came the tools again to start finishing off the interior as it was a bare dog kennel when shipped.

One side bin is now kitchen storage with dust proof containers, just in case it gets past the door seals..

Trailerwoodwork005.jpg

Trailerwoodwork007.jpg

I then set about a bar, I loved some one on here's three piece aluminum bar set but could not find the sig type bottles here so had to settle for plastic...

Bought 6- found I could fit 8 but the shop had sold out...so I've two spare slots

The tops sloped so that it's removable if required, a lot of work slopping all the dividers but the finished article is fine

Bottles obviously will be labled with containts...juice...water....lemon....etc etc

just in case we get stopped and searched....the tall glasses being ideal for "virgin" cubalibres:coffeedrink:

Trailerwoodwork001.jpg

Trailerwoodwork002.jpg

Trailerwoodwork003.jpg

Trailerwoodwork004.jpg

Last edited:

rdsk8ter

Observer
love your build looks alot like what im trying to build. The wife just told me she wants a prep area lol thanks lol

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
The Bar looks like it might be used to hold wine bottles. I dare not show my GF that one!

TheBeatenPath

what is the height of the trailer overall.

id lake to have the bottom of a rtt at about 6-6.5 ft high. and just trying to get a since of what that looks like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1