travel trailer

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I am in the market for a small travel trailer (20 ft) to tow behind my Cayenne. Is there any particular brand to avoid ?

The Camping World here has JAYCO trailers . They look fine but I am new to this . Thanks in advance for your advice.

Last edited:

zukrider

Explorer
may we assume that since you own a Porsche, you would rather buy new?

are you against a pop up?

can you maybe add a better list of wants and needs please?

me being me, id rather start with a low priced craigslist score of a camper. then build it a new frame with sliders for better offroad capabilities. then accessorize from there!

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
New or good used is what I am looking for . I would like a travel trailer not a pop up. Buying is better then building when it comes to a travel trailer

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
The basecamp does not have any amenities of a travel trailer like fridge head/shower etc. The Airstreams are nice but a Bambi runs $40,000.00 a Jayco $15,000.00. Just becasue I have a Cayenne does not mean I am made of money. I have two Land Cruisers that I have to take care of.

jaxs1984

Adventurer
... I heard rumors about this glamping truck you got, no pics didn't happen :) BTW, we all missed your tennis rackets !!!

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Yes I decided to get a grownup vehicle. Like in the Land Cruiser , I am always ready for a round of tennis.

Attachments

• 2013-01-16_16-12-26_449.jpg
    2013-01-16_16-12-26_449.jpg
    601.2 KB · Views: 83

crawldit

Adventurer
I had a Hybrid Travel Trailer that I loved a couple of years back. More usable interior space because the beds fold out from the walls and aren't using up your floor space. You said no pop-ups, but these are literally a hard sided travel trailer, with the only soft walls being those where the beds fold out. Mine had a full bath, full kitchen, dining area, two king size beds, air conditioning, heating...you name it. Might be worth a look.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
The SO wants a bed so that is a consideration. The thought of putting up a bed is the height of being lazy

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Yes the POPs are nice but in the Southwest heat would not be very cool. It was 116 the other day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1