Triple Aught Design

Scott Brady

Founder
Since we are on the subject of the overland shirt, I have to say that although the inside hem pocket is nice in theory, in practice, it does not help the comfort of the shirt nor do I think I will end up using it. While hanging it seems to add too much stiffness and when tucked it just adds too much bulk.

I love that feature. I keep my passport and a few hundo in cash in there while traveling.

Not exactly bought from TAD, but you get the idea...

img_806307e9.jpg

Those are my TAD Gear Jackets:

img_806557fc.jpg

Great quality, impressive piece of equipment.

I use them with Orc. Industries PCU Level5 pants, it`s a great combo for hiking, skiing, climbing, etc...

Few pics of that combo:

dscf71149sk7.jpg

img_1357pszs.jpg

teotwaki

Excelsior!
I use them with Orc. Industries PCU Level5 pants, it`s a great combo for hiking, skiing, climbing, etc...

L-5 pants: Do they wet out easily in damp snow? If wet, do they dry out quickly? I've used mine more for windy conditions and avoided snow use, intead using pants based on Scholler materials.

Thanks!

Hi,
no, they don`t wet out easily, they hold up fine. I didn`t exspect them to hold up that good, but i`m impressed. No better combo for skiing... :victory:

And yes, they dry out fast if you get them wet...

jbaggy

FlyFish Zealot
Hey Team, just picked up the new TAD Pathfinder Jacket found here :

http://www.tripleaughtdesign.com/Apparel/Jackets/Pathfinder-Jacket

This thing is sick! It has a tailored fit which is perfect for layering or as a stand alone jacket without stuff dragging around. Also, for those of you on the Blue Side, it still has ample coverage to conceal radios, cuffs, and most holsters depending on your body type.

It has been raining here for the past few days and the Pathfinder holds up nicely. Sheds water easily as long as you are not standing in a downpour not moving.

Be warned, buying TAD has a negative effect on your bank account! I would actually buy more but XL sizes for jackets/sweaters go quick. TAD > more Ranger LT Hoodies in XL please!! :ylsmoke:

JJSteeley

Hey, these are great shots! And we're honored by the tattoo. Where are the skiing shots taken?

BTW, we're building out our Gallery on our site. It's currently in debugging stages. We love getting shots of TAD in action to share. If you're game, please send them to us at photos@tripleaughtdesign.com.

Thanks and have a great weekend.

JJ Steeley (member of the TAD team)

Not exactly bought from TAD, but you get the idea...

img_806307e9.jpg

Those are my TAD Gear Jackets:

img_806557fc.jpg

Great quality, impressive piece of equipment.

Few pics of that combo:

dscf71149sk7.jpg

img_1357pszs.jpg

Cabrito

I come in Peace
A classic old school piece of Tad Gear

I entered this picture in their contest thing but never heard back so I don't think it was accepted.
It's one of my favorite pieces of gear from them besides my Stealth Hoodie.
Gehlken_Michael_1.jpg

Um, if you are wondering the Tad gear item is the T-Shirt. :sombrero:

JJSteeley

Product ideas

Thanks, Scott. This is a great forum for product input. We are absolutely interested in knowing what works best in the environments and use cases that the overlanding community pursues. Please feel free to share those insights, and I will pass them along to our design team.

In the past, we have offered Spartan Shorts, which do not have pockets. They're based on the design of our Spartan Pant, released last Friday, however we are not producing those this season.

This year, the answer to your needs might be the Amphibious Short. They have cargos, but the nylon fabric is very lightweight and comfortable in the heat. A replenishment is coming this June.

Thanks for your comments -JJ

Maybe not the most formal place for a product request, but is there anyway you might consider shorts without cargo pockets? In any moderate-to-hot climate, these extra pockets increase weight, bulk, and sweat. I'm not exactly a fan of wearing plastic basketball and golf shorts.

Edit, is that what the spartan short used to be? http://www.tripleaughtdesign.com/Apparel/Pants-And-Shorts/Spartan-Short (no longer avail.)

Cheers,

Hey, these are great shots! And we're honored by the tattoo. Where are the skiing shots taken?

BTW, we're building out our Gallery on our site. It's currently in debugging stages. We love getting shots of TAD in action to share. If you're game, please send them to us at photos@tripleaughtdesign.com.

Thanks and have a great weekend.

JJ Steeley (member of the TAD team)

Hi,
sorry for the late reply, i`m just going to send you those pictures via email...

The pics where taken in austria. Exactly at the "Zamangspitze" mountain at "Sankt Gallenkirch"...

JJSteeley

Hey everyone,

I hope everyone is enjoying the summer, and getting out there and doing some great overlanding. Gianni's busy rebuilding his Jeep, the team is planning some adventures to Yosemite and Black Rock Desert. (Pictures to come, along with some great ones of No Limit X.) And Patrick's busy, well, with a newborn son named Griffin. Welcome to the club, Patrick!

Back at TAD HQ, we're looking for ways to provide ever better gear and experiences to our overlanding friends. We'd be much obliged if you could help by sharing your experiences with us by taking a brief 5 minute survey.

Take the survey here.

We thank you for your time and support. Happy adventuring!

JJ

JJSteeley

No Limit Expeditions photo gallery posted

Hi everyone, we thought you might be interested in checking out some great photos from our friends at No Limit Expeditions. James and Angela Brown along with Graham Jackson and Ben Edmonson traveled through the rainforest of the Peten region of Guatemala and the Chiquibul Forest of Belize. Their objective was to explore Mayan ruins–including some very remote sites that they accessed using their expert overland driving skills, a couple stalwart Land Rover Defenders, and one very important chain saw. Check out Ben's photos in our gallery.

Here's my favorite:
TAD Color 2.jpg

Also, some overlanding trivia for you that I came across while web surfing. I'm guessing the die hard overlanders already know this, but for those of us a little newer to the overlanding community, enjoy!

Fact: The first lateral crossing of the Sahara Desert was completed in 1975 by the British Joint Services West East Sahara Expedition led by Squadron leader T. H. Sheppard MBE, RAF. Using Land Rovers, the team traversed the African continent from the Atlantic to the Red Sea in 100 days. The expedition goals included: Mapping; collecting rock, lizard and snail samples for the British Museum; experimenting with desert navigation techniques using sun compasses, astro-fixes and dead reckoning; and field testing the vehicles.

Enjoy your 4th of July, everyone.

JJ

Attachments

• NLX-10.jpg
    NLX-10.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 37

tperkins

Observer
Those are some awesome expedition shots. The TAD merino watch cap is the best cap I've ever had, I wear it constantly in the cooler/colder months. I tried one of your older Ranger hoodies, but it just wasnt for me (odd fit). I've always eyed the Amph. cargo pants, and now the overland shirt, but the cost is a prohibition at the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1