UJOR Build Thread

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Not on this one Steve. It's an Ambo and it's a center tank. And it's the passenger side low. Drivers side: Outside is 2 group 31s, full 10# CO2 tank, 2 camp chairs, 1 half full 5 gal water tank, 10# propane tank, various fluids for engine. Inside is an added microwave, sink, 2 burner stove, and big buddy heater.
Passenger side: Outside is some leveling blocks (plastic), 2 group 31s, small tool box, and a rubber wheel chock. Inside added two bucket seats and a plywood sleeping platform.

If anything I'd think drivers would be low but it isn't.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Re-measured today and that 3" will stand. Actually 3" on drivers side and pushing 4" on passenger, which I don't quite get.

Its somewhat normal for the pass side to sit a bit lower due to the drivetrain offset. Our springs are actually made a bit taller on that side.

Congratulations Chris, on your Bronco project in 4wheeler mag this month. Very in depth article. :victory:

Ah, cool. Haven't seen it yet!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Had a few hours to do what I wanted over the weekend (very rare) so I took a drive to scope out our camp site for next weekend. Mainly wanted to see the road conditions since I'll be pulling my trailer up there. Planned to maximize the dirt part of the trip. 1st route..... gate locked! Ok, just more pavement, no big deal. 2nd route, all was good for the 1st 5 or 6 miles then.... gate locked! Damn! Back to the pavement and the long way, finally made it. Here's a shot somewhere along the way.

984205_1061736290512265_7497103723526403858_n.jpg

9AM this morning

12074587_1062026177149943_3505165602451354051_n.jpg

5 this afternoon. Have to hustle on these big boys, take up too much shop space! We'll finish up the front in the am and then swing that booty around for the rear.

12109198_1062191803800047_177508612094063103_n.jpg

silvrzuki77

explorer
Locked gates suck. We were out near the north rim of the Grand Canyon and came a brand new wilderness area not yet marked. Locked gate!!! 20 mi back track....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dinobody

Observer
Does anybody have a 6in U-joint kit rolling on 37in tires and a diesel?? If so how tall is it at the highest point?
Thanks
Doug

Mat Mobile

Adventurer
Yea. I will really be pushing the limits of my garage door. Kinda wanted a few exact measurements if possible. Especially once the springs settle.

Ha ha! I would store my '79 Ford (not lifted, not 4x4) in the garage for the winter. I would hold the door up higher with a Vise-grip in the channel, remove the "upper door sill" on the frame, put old "low profile" tires on old steel wheels, deflate said tires, put the road worthy tires inside the van (for weight), add buckets of rocks inside the van, and ask for my wife to tell me if anything's touching the roof (she missed one year of course!).

Where there's a will, there's a way! :victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nchamp