UJOR Build Thread

Bristol

Observer
U-Joint build in the wild! Chris, I was on vacation with my family in our U-Joint van in Olympic National Park when we came across this guy in his U-Joint RV. We actually ran into him twice in parking lots. It was neat to compare notes and look at each other's rigs. We both agreed that you are AWESOME!!! :)

Attachments

• IMG-8854.JPG
    IMG-8854.JPG
    310 KB · Views: 57

Bristol

Observer
Chris, I've got some big brake questions for you. I love my '06 E350 U-Joint build, but stopping is not one of its strengths. I am having trouble finding options for a brake upgrade as U-Joint, SMB, and Quigley all use different front ends! So I've got a '99-'04 F250 Super Duty front axle, stock E350 rear disk brakes (with your spacers), and vacuum assist (no hydro-boost). I'm thinking that the SSBC V8 drop-in front calipers are the way for me to go and it appears that you use these a bit in your shop builds.

* Is that your recommendation for the front calipers, SSBC V8?
* Any suggestions for good rotors to go with those calipers?
* Any recommendations for upgrading the stock rears?
* Do you think it's worth upgrading to the hydro-boost master cylinder setup?

Thanks!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
U-Joint build in the wild! Chris, I was on vacation with my family in our U-Joint van in Olympic National Park when we came across this guy in his U-Joint RV. We actually ran into him twice in parking lots. It was neat to compare notes and look at each other's rigs. We both agreed that you are AWESOME!!! :)

Awesome! And thanks! Ha.

Last edited:

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Chris, I've got some big brake questions for you. I love my '06 E350 U-Joint build, but stopping is not one of its strengths. I am having trouble finding options for a brake upgrade as U-Joint, SMB, and Quigley all use different front ends! So I've got a '99-'04 F250 Super Duty front axle, stock E350 rear disk brakes (with your spacers), and vacuum assist (no hydro-boost). I'm thinking that the SSBC V8 drop-in front calipers are the way for me to go and it appears that you use these a bit in your shop builds.

* Is that your recommendation for the front calipers, SSBC V8?
* Any suggestions for good rotors to go with those calipers?
* Any recommendations for upgrading the stock rears?
* Do you think it's worth upgrading to the hydro-boost master cylinder setup?

Thanks!

Get the SSBC calipers & rotors, I have them on my DD (V7) and love the power. Seat of the pants is just as good as the big rotors that come with the RSC upgrade. No need to upgrade the rear or go hydro boost.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Some fresh TX002s ready for powder.

67976099_2638556076163604_2164765363743490048_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1