Wanted - Adventure Van

JustinLFricke

Currently on a yearlong road trip across the US with my brother, living in a 170" WB Sprinter Van. Next year I'll be solo on the road and looking to downsize to a Ford E Series, Chevy Express, Sportsmobile, or something similar. Also open to trades for a 2008 Sprinter Van (will provide more details upon request). Looking to buy by January 2017 and willing to purchase from anywhere within the US. Willing and ready to put down a deposit on the right adventure van.

Please reply to this post via comments, send me a dm, or email me:
justin at thefrickes dot com

Last edited:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Currently on a yearlong road trip across the US with my brother, living in a 170" WB Sprinter Van. Next year I'll be solo on the road and looking to downsize to a Ford E Series, Chevy Express, Sportsmobile, or something similar. Also open to trades for a 2008 Sprinter Van (will provide more details upon request). Looking to buy by January 2017 and willing to purchase from anywhere within the US. Willing and ready to put down a deposit on the right adventure van.

Please reply to this post via comments, send me a dm, or email me:
justin at thefrickes dot com

Justin, can you tell us a bit more as to what you're looking for in the van?
-4x4 or 4x2?
-Cargo doors on side or slider
-Rear interior built out or basic interior with rear seats?
-Other mods?

Thanks,
Jeremy

JustinLFricke

Hey Jeremy,

I'm open to anything and everything within my price range. 4x4 would be great, but I'm also fine with a 4x2. I'd prefer cargo doors. Rear interior built would be idea, but a basic interior or stripped out interior would be fine as well.

Literally, I'm open to anything and everything. If you have something that might be for sell, I'd love to see some photos and possibly get some more info on it.

Cheers!
Justin

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Hey Jeremy,

I'm open to anything and everything within my price range. 4x4 would be great, but I'm also fine with a 4x2. I'd prefer cargo doors. Rear interior built would be idea, but a basic interior or stripped out interior would be fine as well.

Literally, I'm open to anything and everything. If you have something that might be for sell, I'd love to see some photos and possibly get some more info on it.

Cheers!
Justin

Thanks Justin. I'll reply to your PM. :)

-Jeremy

IronManMike

99' Roadtrek 170 (Dodge B2500 Chasis) - (Dodge has higher ground clearance than Chevy)
~$12,500

Van_Changes.jpgVan_Inside.jpgVan_Outside.jpg

What is right about this rig:
- Road tested: I worked full time as a computer programmer for 7 months and lived at climbing areas. Its "broken in".
- Anti Theft: I'd rob the Sprinter 170 first!
- Amenities: Propane System w/ Heater (Thermostat), Stove, A/C +Microwave from 30A Shore Power, Upgraded DC Power, 12V Dometic Compressor Fridge, 200W AM SOLAR Kit w/ LifeLine Battery, Shower, Tanks (Fresh, Grey, Black), Onan Gas Generator, Cobra Truckstop Inverter, New Two-Way Fantastic Fan
- Upgraded Bed + Drawers: I remodeled the rear to be a fixed bed with two large drawers underneath (1 for camping gear, 1 for climbing gear). Mad Rock Triple "Bouldering" Pad as mattress. Could replace with double bed.
- Hitch for Anything: Draw-Tite class 5 hitch
- Tires: Recently purchased "E" Rated.
Size: All these amenities in a 12 passenger van. 17 feet. Smaller than any Sprinter.
Layout: Lookup the brochure at the Roadtrek site. Best floor plan ever invented. The front table pivots in a very ingenious way.
Location: Boone, NC. "upon the blue ridge mountains, thats where I'll take my stand.."

What is wrong with this rig:
- Broken In: Dent from offroading, broken engine mounts from offroading
- Transmission: It might work a little better once the engine mounts are replaced (~$80?). Give it quite a bit of gas IF you hear a crunching sound, the 8 cylinders of fury take over, and this war pig purrrrssss. Do some searches on "Bulletproofed" transmissions and you will be unstoppable.
- To Awesome: You will get many ladies and then wish you were back in a 170!

Why am I selling?
- Found Winter camping time consuming. You can mange it, but all the little chores add up. With a full time job it was hard to keep going. Shouldn't be a problem if your unemployed.
- Needs a bulletproof transmission. I will probably end up pulling the trigger, but its hard when I would rather just upgrade to a true 4 season rig.
- Not an EarthCruiser / FUSO Chasis.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk