WASURF63's New ATFlippac

WASURF63

Adventurer
What brand pump did you use? I like the set up. Northern Tool no longer has that tank, that i could see. They do have an inexpensive sprayer tank 16 gal for $39.99.

See post #88 in this thread.
This may also help "www.gemplers.com/search/fimco+15+gallon".

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
I sure did. There are a couple of areas I want to go back and discuss with FRP but nothing that would have changed my mind with the purchase. I picked up two small curtain rods from Target last night and today I got some fabric in the old desert camo pattern and some aviation fabric too. Curtains aren't too far off now. Gonna do the front, sides, and the rear. The aviation fabric is in case I get to some airshows.

WASURF63

Adventurer
Nice set up.

Right back at ya. Your co-pilot looks pretty content in (his chair?)
Our SBT always prefers to be in an elevated position if he can, and sleeps in the ATFP, while our other dog (shep/chow) prefers the ground.
Must be breed specific? PM sent to you.

Last edited:

WASURF63

Adventurer
This weeks' mini project...
A couple more additions to the interior for quick access to chairs and sleeping gear. The cargo nets also keep the gear secure and organized.

Attachments

• 100_4182.JPG
    100_4182.JPG
    337.4 KB · Views: 161
  • 100_4191.JPG
    100_4191.JPG
    312.8 KB · Views: 178

NYCO

Adventurer
I like the nets - How did you secure them to the side? I assume it didn't go all the way through the fiberglass right?

WASURF63

Adventurer
Storage Nets

NYCO and TACODOC,

The sidewall net is something I had lying around the garage in a box (procurement unknown).

The front cab net I found here: http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...-_-100669904-_-N&locStoreNum=4702&marketID=44

I used the supplied anchors from the HD net for the sidewall net.
I contacted Mario @AT confirming it was safe to drill into the extruded top inside corner of the ATFP for the upper anchors. I mounted the lower anchors through the bottom inside rail.

I attached the front cab net (top) anchor loops behind the FP hammock bar supports.
The bottom loops are attached to small eyebolts into the bench.

Simple, basic install. No significant compromise or exterior breach of the fiberglass. :D

Attachments

• NT100_4185.JPG
    NT100_4185.JPG
    336.9 KB · Views: 53
  • NT100_4186.JPG
    NT100_4186.JPG
    566.7 KB · Views: 41
  • NT100_4187.JPG
    NT100_4187.JPG
    428.3 KB · Views: 50
  • NT100_4180b.JPG
    NT100_4180b.JPG
    429.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Super Doody

Explorer
Hi Walt,

I know you moved on to another setup (which is frecking awesome btw) but if you had to do it again with a flippac, would you stay with the windoors on passenger side or none at all? When you had this setup, where did your dogs sleep?

Thanks,

Jim

I trimmed it all off with some inexpensive patio furniture cushions.
This was my lazy side that got me thinking it would be easier to wash these or just toss them once my dogs (and 4yo daughter) thrashed them.
I also built a protective, removable panel for the fridge/freezer comp.

Note the suede black-out curtains covering the cab window. They go perfect with the red mood lighting feature provided by the optional LED's from the guys at Adventure Trailers.

I've been carrying surfboards a couple ways (as pictured) until I brainstorm a better idea. The longest board I've fit diagonally is a 7'6" for all those inquiring surf types. :costumed-smiley-007

WASURF63

Adventurer
Hey Jim,

I would definitely do the pssgr side windoor/slider again on an ATFP.
In my case, after opening the windoor it provided easy access to the shower hose, remote H2O pump switch, and water tank refill (all located front right pssgr sd).
It also allowed easy access/reach to my dry food storage comp and fridge/freezer/table from the outside.
This was also very convienent and safe for quick roadside stops (snack/drink access,etc...), and allowed for a great outside "under awning" kitchen set-up. It gave us a good side view w/screened ventilation when sitting/eating inside the ATFP (especially in inclimate weather).

The windoor slider also provided ventalation for the pups when traveling.
Our large shepard dog preferred to sleep outside under the awning, and the smaller bull terrier slept inside on top of the bench storage compartments.

Walt

Harp

Adventurer
Very nice

Hey Wasurf63,
Congrats on the new setup. I like what you have done on the interior. I have been off the forum for a while but plan some radical Flippac changes starting in the fall. I have been busy renovating an old Airstream to park on some property in the NC mountains we own and haven't had the chance to start my project. It involves addressing the inherent flaws with the unit I have encountered mainly the torsion bar and arms (I have had issues with both), and the tent not really constructed to withstand the elements properly. I have stolen many ideas from all the flip pac owners and builders and plan to use them to change mine. Don't get me wrong I would get another one in a second. I have enjoyed having mine very much but plan to solve some of the issues I personally have had. Congrats again and look forward to seeing your progress and adventures.

WASURF63

Adventurer
Thanks. We really like our Phoenix Pop Up alot. It seems more suited to the PacNW environment for us than the Flippac was.
I think the ATFP would be greatly improved by using the same tent material as they have for the Habitat, negating the need for a rainfly.
AT may likely offer some version of that for the FP in the future. Until then it seems as though quite a few have upgraded to the SLO Sail rainfly.
It appears to have MUCH better ventilation and visability than the previous "heat sink" version from FRP. (TacoDoc has a really nice example: see his thread/post#309.)
Sorry to hear you're having mechanical issues with your FP. When I had my ATFP luckily there were no problems with the torsion bar and hinge arms.
The Airstream project sounds cool. Well renovated and/or maintained those have some of the nicest trailer interiors I've seen!:Wow1:

Cheers, Walt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1