What 32-33" Tires are you running on your JKU?

Longtallsally

Adventurer
Go to Tirerack. I went with OEM once again as the OEM ones go on sale and are in some cases close to $100 cheaper PER TIRE than even similarly sized tires.

I've done the JKUR's namesake a couple times and I actually do tow a 3k+ camper pretty regularly and since I don't get into %$@ measuring competitions, don't mind that they aren't bigger.

If you want a bargain, I'd just get the OEM ones again. Are there better choices? I'm sure there are as evidenced by many of the replies. But with as much cheaper as the OEM ones are, I'll keep getting those until the machine turns into primarily a trail toy.

TrailRidden

Observer
cooper Discoverer A/T are definitely your top choice for highway miles. The ST Maxx for a more aggressive look / ability offroad.

reskar

Observer
255/85/16 stmaxx will fit with the stock tires w/o rubbing w/ no lift. I have run them like this w/ no issue but have not tried them w/ swaybar disconnected.

machine1

Explorer
Thanks guys, I think I'll go ahead and try the 255 width. It'll be a while before I lift it so I just wanted the tallest tires I could fit on the stock steel wheels.

Mass_Mopar

Don't Litter
Thanks to everyone who chimed in on this thread!

Just pulled the trigger on a set of 5 LT255/80/R17 E Cooper S/T Maxx, will post up after they're installed.

An FYI for anyone else out there who's looking, discount tire direct has them for $197/tire, free shipping.

My local tire place, Town Fair Tire, gave me a screaming deal after seeing DTD's price. Shout out to Joe at Town Fair in Marlborough! I was out the door for under $1130, ~226 per tire installed, including state sales tax.

Nick

Last edited:

Mass_Mopar

Don't Litter
Installed yesterday, very excited to try them out

20151017_092759.jpg

20151017_142216.jpg

Compared to a brand new oem BFG mud terrain, they're about 3/4" taller. Cooper says they're 32.8"

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: BFG KM2s LT305x70x17--load range "E"-

Outstanding in rock/gravel/sand/hiwy, very solid/stable on hiwy at 28psi !

Not quite the traction as my Hankook Dynapro-MTs LT295/75x16 load range "D", but much better hiwy driving and lane holding-

MCEFenders-1-16-15010_zps3ca1a2ea.jpg

Both sets installed are between 33 and 33.2" at 28psi-

Whatever

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

HRPINDC

Adventurer
I like those tires and they look great on your Jeep. I'm just concerned that they don't perform as well in the snow as some others. I'm still leaning towards the Duratracs but I go back and forth between the P-metric and the LT-metric tires.

Last edited:

Copperhead14

Observer
I am really impressed with the St maxx. Great on road, highway and trails. They did great in Ouray wheeling. Mine are 315/75-16. I wish they had a 35 X11 though.

rw229

Your Jeep looks great!

I'm planning on putting these on my stock '15 JKUR and was curious of your impressions after your trip and some miles. Have you had a chance to take it off road yet? I'm hoping there is enough clearance to handle the additional ~1/2 inch of radius when the sway bar is disconnected.

Thanks! Got 500 highway miles on them this weekend, so far so good. Scheduled for some trail miles soon.

View attachment 310501

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh