what a bumper

S

Scenic WonderRunner

I now believe in the Great ExPo saying.....!

"Less is More"......!

silvergrand

Adventurer
A clear example of a welding addiction! It would be fun to pull that up behind a "Smart" Car and scare the crap out of its driver.

Whitey

Adventurer
http://www.impact9.com/Photos/Truck/truck.htm
more
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
Well, since I actually know the guy you are bashing, and his truck, guess I should step in a little bit.

Overkill ? Hell yes it is. But he is a professional storm chaser amojng other duties. He has gone through plenty of hoods and grills from debris flying in the air, and smackin his truck. The tube (not pipe) is there to help eliminate that, but he has still gotten a few dings and dents, but nothing too bad. He is working on more tube over the truck, but the part that kept getting hit and destroyed is now protected.

Yes, he is locked front and rear. detroit rear, and a auburn (IIRC) e-locker up front. Yes, still has IFS, no, it doesn't rock crawl, doesn't do anything extreme in the way of typical off-roading, but he does go and rescure morons who get trapped out in the middle of huge storms. His winch (warn 16.5ti) has dragged people and vehicles to saftey numerous times. His lights have come in handy many times as well. They are rarely all on, but they do serve different purposes. He uses his truck as a light stand, when helping to repair a levee, or other work that needs to be done at night, with no electricity around. His lights are used to help save lives. The roof rack is for his spare tire. Has another one in the bed, along with TONS of other ********. He has no room for anything else. Air compressors, welders, generators, tools galore. His truck has been used as a first responder, a storm chaser, and a all around rescure vehicle. Stuff may be over the top, but he isn't doing your typical work. Just so yall know a little more about it.

Last edited:

78Bronco

Explorer
Wouldn't the tubes coming up the hood create an even bigger blindspot at the front. I'm sure there is an impressive reason for it. :coffeedrink:

M

MuddyOval

Professional storm chaser or really just a Skywarn weather whacker?

Echodawg

Wanderer
•Kenwood Excelon XXV-05V 5.1 DVD-TV
•Kenwood GPS
•US AMPS XT1600.4
•US AMPS XT4000D
•Eclipse A200
•2 Stereo Integrity BM12 12" Subwoofers
•Custom Under Seat Subwoofer enclosure
•LMI rear seat lift kit
•Polk MOMO 6500 Rear Fill
•Rainbow Germanium 6.5 Front Fill
•Polk MOMO 650 Center Channel
•Dual 7" headrest monitors
•80G I-Pod
•KNU Wiring
•Cobra CB
•Cobra Radar Detector
•Weathertech Floor Mats

Is it just me or does that not really read like professional storm chaser? :coffee:

bucketosudz

Explorer
Potatoe, Potato, Tater, Mater, Tomato, Tomatoe......Who really cares? Like it or Love it, this man has built a rig for "his" tastes, budget, and the like. It is often frustrating trying to justify what others do to their own rigs, we all at one time or another did things that seen by others might be questionable.

Love or Hate the "Bumper", its the builders, Let him be. Just my .02

Last edited:

Whitey

Adventurer
Professional storm chaser or really just a Skywarn weather whacker?

Funny you say that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey13
So who does he work for as a professional storm chaser?

This is kinda hard to explain. He works for himself, as a "free lance" type of guy, but at the same time, he works with a "system" or group called SKYWARN (thats the badging on his truck). He works with them to help collect important data. Here is a little about what they do:
http://www.skywarn.org/about.htm

Its kinda ocnfusing how it all works, but I hope that helps. I personally am NOT a storn chaser, so I probably don't have the BEST insight.

D

Deleted member 1276

While it is understandable to defend a friend, you have to admit the bumper looks ridiculous. Whether or not it actually fits his needs/wants is up to him and not to us armchair quarterbacks.

But making fun of ******** is what the internet is all about anymore :)

I don't think anyone means any harm. If it works for him and he's happy with it, rock on.

M

MuddyOval

I know Skywarn really well and what it's all about.
You said he was a professional, which is why I asked. Skywarn is not a professional storm chaser organization. They are amateur SPOTTERS, not chasers nor do they work for NWS/NOAA. They often employ lots of pretend official looking blinky lights and often get into trouble with local authorities.
I'm afraid he might just be a 'weather whacker.'
See www.hamsexy.com for further explanation.

Funny you say that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey13
So who does he work for as a professional storm chaser?

This is kinda hard to explain. He works for himself, as a "free lance" type of guy, but at the same time, he works with a "system" or group called SKYWARN (thats the badging on his truck). He works with them to help collect important data. Here is a little about what they do:
http://www.skywarn.org/about.htm

Its kinda ocnfusing how it all works, but I hope that helps. I personally am NOT a storn chaser, so I probably don't have the BEST insight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1