What is on your Work Bench right now?!?

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
OH COME ON YOU GUYS!!!!

I am just trying to provoke is an "Anchor point of comradery" here! I get it ... most adventure travel is basically "yesterdays news" and RIGHT NOW for many of us is waaaay on our back burner, but that does not mean it is dead and gone to this WONDERFUL group we have here! PLEASE POST AND SHARE!

It was the right now?!? that I was compiling with. ;)
So you want 'inspirational photos' of do it yourself project ?

How about this photo of Power Wagon front recovery points (not for Power Wagon recovery, as they never get stuck, but anchor points for winch line doubling to recover other vehicles :rolleyes:) on a semi-clean welding table.

2024-05-18_09h03_41.png

The end results

IMG_20240518_091339861.jpg

On the truck

front.png

Am I on the correct track, or lost in the ozone?

ThundahBeagle

One of my most resent projests:

I just repurposed a Lista Machine tool cart into a stereo cart for a MONSTER vintage 1970's stereo. The stereo was the sound system for the auditorium of a small ultra liberal collage in the NE USA that went bankrupt in the mid 1970's. The dear friend that gave it to me was a photography professor at the collage and somehow got the system.

I found a piece of 1" titanium and slightly machined 2 of the last generation Cook Bros. Racing stems to make a handle for it. I also built a cart of 1970's JBL speakers so that I can move the whole system from the shop, to the house, or out to the firepit for yard parties!

View attachment 849591

You could say you were a...PIONEER...in the industrial rolling musical cart movement, except the system is a Yamaha!

Really cool! I love those old metal/ brushed aluminum face, big-knobbed (no comments from the peanut gallery) component based sound systems from the 70's and 80's with those tiny red, amber or green LED indicator lights.

ThundahBeagle

It was the right now?!? that I was compiling with. ;)
So you want 'inspirational photos' of do it yourself project ?

How about this photo of Power Wagon front recovery points (not for Power Wagon recovery, as they never get stuck, but anchor points for winch line doubling to recover other vehicles :rolleyes:) on a semi-clean welding table.

View attachment 849597

The end results

View attachment 849598

On the truck

View attachment 849599

Am I on the correct track, or lost in the ozone?

Not a Dodge fan, but if I did buy a Dodge (RAM) I would want a power wagon. Very nice! I'm a big fan of a well built front end. There, I said it

Reactions: mog

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1

Members online