Wildlife Photography

XXXpedition

Explorer
IMG_2863.JPG

this is about the size of your hand...
found in south morocco.

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
I'm not sure if this should be in the Wildlife thread as it's just one lonely egg right now and hasnt hatched yet

513581420_dR4RX-L.jpg

We found this in a clay planting pot behind the shed while visiting Cindy's sister in Louisiana

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Took a couple of bird pictures over the weekend on a birding trip to La Joya Wildlife Area near Bernardo New Mexico.

I wish I had a 400mm lens or larger, but I don't. These were taken with the Canon 70-200f4L. Someday I'll save up for the big lens. :coffeedrink:

Snowy egret
attachment.php

Common yellowthroat
attachment.php

Black-necked stilt, long-billed dowitcher, and Wilson's phalarope
attachment.php

Black-necked stilt
attachment.php

Black-necked stilt, blue-winged teal, and cinnamon teal
attachment.php

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
So I was out paddling the river thursday and came across an alligator snapping turtle. 2nd one I have seen on the river and only my 3rd in the wild. THanks to my olympus stylus I was able to get some underwater pics.

P5070151.jpg

P5070152.jpg

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Dang Nullifier, that thing is HUGE! I'd have been scared to put my hand anywhere near it. Wind up losing a finger:Wow1:

LOL I guess it is all relative. About 15 minutes before I saw it I was standing in the water cutting a downed tree with 2 large gators about 15 away. I guess you could say I have no fear.....I mean sense when it comes to getting close to wildlife. I think when you deal with wildlife on a daily basis you realize there are much scarier things in life like zombies and hieghts :yikes::yikes::yikes:

tommyd

Observer
So I was out paddling the river thursday and came across an alligator snapping turtle. 2nd one I have seen on the river and only my 3rd in the wild. THanks to my olympus stylus I was able to get some underwater pics.

P5070151.jpg

P5070152.jpg

Great shots! But that's a common snapping turtle, not an alligator snapper.

Attached are a couple photos from the web for comparison. First photo shows both: common on the left, alligator on the right. Second photo, alligator snapping turtle side view.

See:

http://www.chelydra.org/common_alligator_snapping_turtle.html

Attachments

• common_and_alligator_snapper.jpg
    common_and_alligator_snapper.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Alligator_snapping_turtle.jpg
    Alligator_snapping_turtle.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads