Winch plate or Front Hitch Receiver w/removable winch???

bc.knows

Hey there! I have been following the forum for a year now. I am newer to posting on the Forum and have owned my 98 Monty w/winter package :drool: for almost a year and its time to spend some savings on Trail Gear to make her an over-lander. I just purchased a optima red top, set of kyb monomax shocks and k/n air filter.

I was wondering what the best option in for mounting a winch on the Monty? I have seen a few threads but it seems scarce. I am fine with keeping the stock bumper btw. Ideas and links much appreciated!

Jaynen

Adventurer
Personally I like the idea of the front hitch mount especially if you have a rear hitch. But it will probably stick out more generally than if it was integrated into a bumper

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Hey there! I have been following the forum for a year now. I am newer to posting on the Forum and have owned my 98 Monty w/winter package :drool: for almost a year and its time to spend some savings on Trail Gear to make her an over-lander. I just purchased a optima red top, set of kyb monomax shocks and k/n air filter.

I was wondering what the best option in for mounting a winch on the Monty? I have seen a few threads but it seems scarce. I am fine with keeping the stock bumper btw. Ideas and links much appreciated!

I know a few guys here in the valley that could build you one, you can integrate a winch plate between the frame rails and have it hidden behind the bumper.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Most mount it in the stock location between the frame rails, it's an easy job and inexpensive if you pay to have it done (takes about an hour).

Jaynen

Adventurer
True about the framerails, its pretty beefy under there quite a nice layout they did a good job tucking things away. There is a fair bit of room behind the bumper I think it could be doable

plh

Explorer
I could be wrong, but I don't think ASFIR imports/distributes the Mits stuff in the USA. Perhaps contact the distributor in AZ to see if this is possible.

The Viper

Adventurer
Most mount it in the stock location between the frame rails, it's an easy job and inexpensive if you pay to have it done (takes about an hour).

im assuming this is also for a genny 2 monty? Ive always wanted to have a winch, but thought you would need an ARB or fabbed front bumper for one.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
im assuming this is also for a genny 2 monty? Ive always wanted to have a winch, but thought you would need an ARB or fabbed front bumper for one.
For your gen 2, a winch tray can be welded into the space directly behind the front bumper where there is sufficient room for a winch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1

Members online