Wolf's Ongoing Discovery Build Thread

S

Street Wolf

Just a picture of my custom aluminum bridging ramps/sand ladders/traction aid

008-6.jpg

010-6.jpg

Scott Brady

Founder
How wide are those ladders? Have you tested them out yet?

I like the compass, and that style is pretty classic looking, which I must say I like better than the one I had on my Tacoma.

S

Street Wolf

How wide are those ladders? Have you tested them out yet?

I like the compass, and that style is pretty classic looking, which I must say I like better than the one I had on my Tacoma.

Thanks. I'm really picky about 'graphics' and such things on my vehicle but I love it now that it's on there. :sombrero:

I'll grab the width and length of the ladders tomorrow and post them up, because right now off of the top of my head with two hours of sleep I can't even begin to guess.

I've tried them out a couple of times, never really needed them but had to test them out. Used them as a ramp to climb small 90* elevations, drove over a few washouts and tossed them in the mud a few times to watch how the tires gripped them, and they've worked great. Especially when being used as a bridge.

I've tried them out a couple of times, never really needed them but had to test them out. Used them as a ramp to climb small 90* elevations, drove over a few washouts and tossed them in the mud a few times to watch how the tires gripped them, and they've worked great. Especially when being used as a bridge.

Wouldnt hurt to use this on your ladders.
pACE3-962799reg.jpg

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1273900

I use it at work and put it on stairs and such.

Riflman

Observer
That looks great. My truck is black, so I wasn't going to do that, but it got me thinking again. I shoot off the hood of my truck sometimes and the rear bag and front bi-pod can scratch it up pretty good. That would go along way to helping save some paint. It might not match the rest of the truck after though with all the other scratches! Good job!

dustboy

Explorer
Me likey! Except it's only correct if you're driving South..I wouldn't use it for navigation if I were you.

Riflman

Observer
There used to be one that had markings on it that helped in picking your line. Has anyone seen those around lately? I'd like to get one of those if they're accurate.

007-5.jpg

Do you generally find yourself going south? Traditionally, the fleur-de-lis is pointed in the direction of desired travel. It would work for me, does it really work for you or did you just have it done that way aesthetically? Any french roots?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1