Wonky door locks

Montynv

Observer
Lately when I insert my key into the passenger door it unlocks all the doors but than all the doors lock back up except for the passenger door. Any ideas on where to start to trouble shoot?

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
Get your digital multimeter, and test the actuator on the suspected lock.
Look for resistance within spec. and check for power.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
There is a great thread on here (somewhere in the Mistu area) about how to fix this. The electric motor has limit stops that are made of some biodegradable material that is degrading, and causing your locks to toggle (bounce) up/down. Pretty easy repair, if a bit finicky due to small size.

shade

Good luck!

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
Fix the originals.....the faulty part inside the actuator is all that will ever fail. Once fixed they are as good as a new one. It’s a small project but worth the time. I’ve posted a few threads on this as well.

PacS14

Adventurer
I'm in the middle of this, I got my actuator out and open, now I just need to decide what kind of material I want to use, thanks for the above.link with the specific length that will save me a lot of trial and error time.

george441

Start your diagnosis at the fuse box. Check the fuse that protects the door lock circuit to ensure it is not blown. As you said all the doors lock back up except for the passenger door and other door fails to operate, the most likely problem is on the circuit between the switch and solenoid or a defective solenoid in the affected door. You should listen to the affected door while energizing the door lock. If a click is heard but the lock did not engage, a problem with the door lock mechanism or linkage is the most likely cause.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1