XCXplorer - 3rd Gen 2018 Toyota Tacoma Build

Finally got the bumper, winch, heavy weight rear leaf springs and light bar installed. Now it time to enjoy it for a while as I wait my turn in the production schedule for my Vagabond Drifter.

8e4462f6ba6f5ae829836ec8d940d7a9.jpg

d88e9f3b650e7e57ccac273cbb77a917.jpg

f7cf3f051824972b8039ef4fe400c034.jpg

23f7e21e581c72b1cf86d0c78d9ef9c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Incadude

The trailer is Ruger Trailer out of Colorado. I had some adjustments made to the trailer as I need to be able to load two motorcycles on it along with storing dirt bike and camping gear.

Would love to see the "adjustments' to the trailer for the moto's. That's been my hang-up on a trailer; it needs to rack my 200XCW also.

Would love to see the "adjustments' to the trailer for the moto's. That's been my hang-up on a trailer; it needs to rack my 200XCW also.

The trailer was lengthen due to my request and specs I also had the rear hitch on the trailer reinforced to accommodate an additional motorcycle. One I had the trailer I welded the additional rack to fit on the forward half of the trailer and then used an existing hitch trailer that I owned.

I don’t have photos of the details of the trailer, but here is the set up with one and two moto loaded in use.

899dae7fc25d4a95e35596ca7dfc9853.jpg

63ef226740afd5a1b57848930f83a6f8.jpg

Well its been a while and things have changed since I last posted on this build. We are also living out of the Tacoma full time since we sold our home in Utah. For a few weeks we had a Soft Topper on the bed to get out to Colorado for some dirt biking while we waited for out Vagabond Drifter to be completed.

Some dirt biking in Colorado in Colorado while we wait.

i-wHXGk7h-M.jpg

Riding above treelike on Cumberland Pass.

i-Scz4w4Q-L.jpg

ColoRADo!

i-NT5dfxw-M.jpg

Riding through endless Aspen forest.

After spending week in Colorado chasing cooler weather and enjoying high mountain living we had to make our way out to California to pickup our new Vagabond Drifter for the Vagabond HQ. Phil is putting out a quality product and we overall happy with the camper with a few things we would like to have know when ordering. We ordered a powder coated black camper and was consulted that he doesn't recommend the camper cap being powder coated for obvious. When we finally go to close to rear camper door we discover that the door is white. Phil explained that the door only comes in white, that would have been good to know when placing the order. Well we will have to just get it wrapped with a graphic or something else because I just can't get over thinking it looks like a dry erase board. Overall this camper topper looks great and functions great. Now on to living in it until we pick ups Chevy Express 3500 van to live out of.

What do you think?

i-5q9Jgjc-L.jpg

Austin, Nevada: Great hot spring tubs and wild donkey peppering the landscape. Not a bad place to visit.

i-95JBRb6-XL.jpg

Enjoying a cool summer evening in the Uinta Forest near Fountain Green, Utah.

And now back to Hurricane, Utah to put some finishing touches on the interior for more comfortable camping.

Now that we have a simple rugged build out of the interior we can enjoy the simple pleasures of having a fridge, running water and cooking area. It now time to make dinner.

TAILGATE COOKING: scallops on a bed of red quinoa, brussels sprouts, power greens, infused olive oil/vinegar with a hit of fresh cayenne pepper for a kick.

Taco_Cooking-47.jpgTaco_Cooking-17.jpgTaco_Cooking-59.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design