Xj Lift installed

gwayms

Observer
xj lift installed

Now looks like this. 4.5" rough country, pro comp 7069 and BF Goodrich 32".I think it turned out pretty good.

Attachments

• jeep lift.jpg
    jeep lift.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 72

ExpeditionFj

In the future, I think he is going to go for 4.56 and probably he will buy my SYE that has never being install and probably a rear Dana 44 with detroit.

gwayms

Observer
xj lift installed

Thanks guys. I think I will prolly put SYE on in a few weeks? Not sure about the gearing yet.

gwayms

Observer
xj lift installed

Yeah i think im gonna have to cut them soon. Got my first pretty good rub pulling in a parking lot yesterday.

Nikson

Explorer
Yeah i think im gonna have to cut them soon. Got my first pretty good rub pulling in a parking lot yesterday.

Wow... we have pretty similar rigs... :)

Congrats on your work!

Bumpstops prevent a lot of unnecessary rubbing, but then again, you will have to raise those a lot, and wont get much travel.

------------------------------
One year into my RC lift, i've had to replace LCA bushings ones and one of my leaf springs sagged about 1/4-1/2 inch... its not too noticeable.
------------------------------

Once again - Great looking rig..:):smiley_drive:

gwayms

Observer
lift

thanks nikson, i was going back and fourth about lifting it. saw your XJ on here gave me a little inspriation. I think you live in Oregon, I may be moving to Seattle in about two months. We may need to meet up for camping/trail time.

Nikson

Explorer
thanks nikson, i was going back and fourth about lifting it. saw your XJ on here gave me a little inspriation. I think you live in Oregon, I may be moving to Seattle in about two months. We may need to meet up for camping/trail time.

I am cleaning up my XJ currently, getting it ready for sale.

Due to my next year's plans to travel through Russia, I need to have a vehicle no older then 5-7 years, since I plan to sell it there and not have to bring it back.

XJ would be a great rig for that sort of trip, but I just cant imagine having to pay another $3000 to bring it back from Russia into US... :(

gwayms

Observer
lift

sorry to hear u have to sell it. let me know the price when u decide, i have a few friends looking for one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1