04 3rd gen Dodge Ram rock crawler expedition build

gun45boat

Adventurer
Thanks for the offer. 20's are way to big of a wheel. But thanks.

I just finished the NO2 install using a ZEX kit specifically made for a dodge Hemi...

I wished I had done this in the beginning!!!!!!!

I hooked it up and jetted it for the 100hp setting, with NGK 1 step colder pugs gap'ed at .30 (16 of the bastards LOL)

Before the build, I could lay about 5ft of rubber empty off a light.

After the build with the extra weight/gear etc and the new gearing, she was still fast, and I could "chirp" the rear tires from a dead stop. But noticeably slower (obviously)

NOW, when I take off it will chirp at first, then when it hits 2500rpm's (thats when the ZEX system comes to life and then BOOM!!!!! the muther ****er spins these ************* tires ALL THE WAY TO THE REDLINE!!!!!!

Best bang for the buck BY FAR..... I never hold it on the button for more than 7 seconds,,,,

an EASY 3 hour install ... If you decide to install the kit, you will be grinning ear to ear.

Attachments

• zex.jpg
    zex.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 40

gun45boat

Adventurer
requested pictures

Attachments

• Rear1.jpeg
    Rear1.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 44
  • rear2.jpeg
    rear2.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 46
  • rear3.JPG
    rear3.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 46
  • rear4.jpeg
    rear4.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 45
  • rear5.jpeg
    rear5.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 49
  • rear6.JPG
    rear6.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 49

gun45boat

Adventurer
more pics

Attachments

• rear7.jpeg
    rear7.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 46
  • rear8.jpeg
    rear8.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 47
  • rear9.JPG
    rear9.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 44
  • rear10.jpeg
    rear10.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 50
  • rear11.jpeg
    rear11.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 56
  • rear12.jpeg
    rear12.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 47

gun45boat

Adventurer
I have a on-demand 35 gallon water tank behind the passenger side of the truck used to power up the on-demand hot water heater (propane) on the drivers side of the rig, for taking showers etc. I also have the Katadyne filter system in place and plumbed (on-demand ) from the water tank (powered by the water pump), so I can safely drink water from the tank, if I ever have the need to fill the tank with "unknown" water, or water from a stream etc. Hell, Sometimes I fill the water up from places where the water tastes like ****, (water is good to drink) just tastes like Sulfer or chlorine etc. That filter cleans it right up and has a perfect tasting water when filtered.

Prob. overkill, But it works really well, and didnt add to much weight to the truck.

gun45boat

Adventurer
Wheeled the **** out of the rig, Sustained a busted oil pan with nice size whole (fixed with a hammer and vise grips to get it 100 miles home) and a busted Transmission pan LOL

Attachments

• damage3.jpeg
    damage3.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 49
  • damage2.JPG
    damage2.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 49

swirvin21

Hard Corps
looks like you may have bent the bump stop on the driver side. I'm guessing this was from too much uptravel? Going to go with skid plate or better bump stop setup?

gun45boat

Adventurer
Bump stop is straight, It must be from the angle of the picture. The rear skid is built with 1/4" thick steel and spans the entire back half of the vehicle. It is stout as ****, and has taken a BEATING.... During the build, I was going to build a front skid, but thought to myself "there is no way a rock is going to find its way behind my front axle, and infront of the rear skid, TALL enough to hit my f$%KING oil pan" LOLOLOL

GO FIGURE!!!!!!!!!

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
sounds like your truck weighs a lot. IMO id be ditching steel any where i could for aluminum. a 3/8ths 6061-T6 plate would be good replacement for that 1/4" steel and every bit as strong

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1