04 3rd gen Dodge Ram rock crawler expedition build

D45

Explorer
I used to run Load D range MT tires...........stepped up to Load E range Toyo MTs and love em, much more solid and stable

gun45boat

Adventurer
If you want to blow a hole in the sidewall on the rocks, go with the Toyo MT ( If you spend your time mostly on the highway, go with the Toyo. If you want to send our U.S. currency over to Japan, go with a Toyo.... If you want a solid Kevlar sidewall go with the MTR. IF you truly wheel your expo rig, and truly get it off the road, go with the Goodyear. If you want to keep our hard earned money here in the States, then go with the Goodyear. If you want to go with a company that supports of troops, go with Goodyear......

bowstryder

Observer
Don't want to turn this awesome thread into a pissing contest about tires as that's a very icy surface with most folks. Thanks for the input though. Gun, keep up the good work and don't break that engine in with n2o, or go crazy. I have built a lot of street engines and been around a lot of race engines. If you break em in properly or even go a little overboard with the oil changes ( I do ) you will be rewarded with longer engine life barring catastrophic failure, of course.

gun45boat

Adventurer
Never a pissing contest, just common sense :ylsmoke::ylsmoke::ylsmoke::ylsmoke:

Getter all the dust cleaned off of her, and reloading all the expedition gear..

Attachments

• finished3.JPG
    finished3.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 39
  • finished1.jpeg
    finished1.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 44
  • finished2.jpeg
    finished2.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 44

gun45boat

Adventurer
oh, the fire was minor,, nothing that a fire extinguisher could not handle. The power steering fluid gushed out of the res. and caught fire on the exhaust manifold.

swirvin21

Hard Corps
I knew you were pulling our leg on this whole 6.4L stroker....I mean come on, your hood obviously shows it only has a 5.7 and we know those can't lie!!! LOL

Sounds good, you sure you're broken in enough to be running that hard? Sounds like you had the skinny pedal down pretty far most of the time..

gun45boat

Adventurer
LOL.. Yep...:ylsmoke::ylsmoke::ylsmoke:

If you listen to the vid, you can hear that I would let off the throttle at the top of the RPM (just cause I didnt want to abuse it too badly) I duck taped a piece of wood under the throttle pedal before I left this morning, to make sure I wouldnt go full throttle !!!!! It worked great!!!! Usually when I start drinking beer, I toss caution to the wind, So I figured a piece of wood under the pedal would do the trick:victory::victory:

I mainly just wanted to show you what it sounded like. Very happy with it.. Just need to hurry up and wear down those tires, so I can go bigger (42"s)

gun45boat

Adventurer
Yea... My political career was shot years ago... Starting in High school and through OCS. It is a miracle I am still alive. (and I just noticed that this forum does not have a beer ICON! Booooooo!!)

gun45boat

Adventurer
Started the tube doors today, You are going to love the design I got in store for these :ylsmoke::ylsmoke::ylsmoke::ylsmoke:

Attachments

• tubedoors2.jpeg
    tubedoors2.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 35
  • tubedoors1.jpeg
    tubedoors1.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 35

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1