1997 2.7l 4Runner...What's it worth?

Jammer

Observer
Sorry for no updates. I registered it here in FLA and have put about 250 miles on it! I LOVE driving it! But I have not yet "bought" it. it was brought down here with a check engine light on and a small windshield chip and crack in the lower corner on the passenger side.

I gave it a good cleaning and degreased the engine compartment only to run into cyl 3 misfiring. I thought maybe I got some water where it wasn't supposed to go and after some researching and pulling the codes with my Scanguage II I needed to replace one of the ignition coils. $200 later for a coil, plugs, wires, and a new airfilter and she is running good as new....almost.

The other code was for an evap issue. I took it to the dealer for that and to check on why the rear hatch wasn't opening and they said it needs a new Canister Purge Valve and the hatch latch needs adjusted. I also had them throw on a new rear wiper since that is the only local place to get them :-/

I have decided to sell it though. I have been chatting with a guy via ExPo PM's and may have a deal worked out to meet next week. If it falls through I will post it up here for sale, although I will hate to see it go!

Reason I have decided to sell it, is simply that I do not have the time to maintain an older vehicle. The repairs needed are all minor (it needs a new fan clutch too) and relatively inexpensive (if done at home), but I just don't have that kinda time right now. :-(

The clutch was replaced at 110,000 miles and there is 173,000 total on the truck. Everything works and cold air too!

Someone stole the nut that holds the power antenna on and I guess it can't be replaced without replacing the entire antenna, so a cheap (and not very eye pleasing) solution was made. It works but I would have done it differently...oh well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1