2015/2016 New 3rd gen Tacoma Debut in Detriot

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Thanks Larry!

Same cab, just a new front clip and bed, yeah?

That is what it looks like to me. All new sheetmetal around the old cab. All the media outlets say the big updates are under the the skin so we'll see. Hope to see at least the same powertrain as in the 4Runner (direct injected engine) right down to the manual t-case.

Kind of reminds me of what a truck would look like if the three trucks below had a threesome and conceived a child together.

Mitsubishi Raider, which is a bastard child of a truck on it's own account

Mitsubishi-Raider_DuroCross_2007_800x600_wallpaper_02.jpg

2005-2015 Taco

Toyota-Tacoma_2012_800x600_wallpaper_02.jpg

2014 Tundra
Toyota-Tundra_2014_800x600_wallpaper_22.jpg

And made this…. The 2016 Tacaiderundra!
histerical.gif

6a00d83451b3c669e201bb07d4b4ac970d-pi

Last edited:

Clutch

<---Pass
Do all all the manufactures use the same design team?

Hexagonal grills seem to be the hawt thing now...

2016-Ford-Ranger.png

2015-subaru-outback_100471641_l.jpg

Clutch

<---Pass
That is what it looks like to me. All new sheetmetal around the old cab. All the media outlets say the big updates are under the the skin so we'll see. Hope to see at least the same powertrain as in the 4Runner (direct injected engine) right down to the manual t-case.

Judging by the new air-dam on the front, they are working on mpg.

Do like the wheel arches, front end will have to grow on me...the 4Runner has, they seem better in person.

Trying to see if the it has rear disks...too dark when I zoom in.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
It's not bad, but I still don't like it much. It would look a lot better without that enormous front air dam.

Does it look to anyone else like a separate design team came up with the cab without seeing how the front and back of the truck looked first? It would look so much better if the cab matched the rest of the truck.

DVexile

Adventurer
That front is going to be a problem for after market plate bumpers. Looks like nothing will be a bolt on, break out the Sawzall. That may decide it for me right there, I'll likely be getting a 2015 simply so I can get aftermarket stuff right from the get go. I'm expecting most of the drivetrain revamp is going to be more directed at CAFE than anything else. As my camp truck does maybe 5000 miles a year tops that's not very important to me. As to the interior, well it is a camping truck so all the new bells and whistles likely not to interesting to me either.

Waiting for the 12th to be sure before starting to call dealers about a 2015!

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Do all all the manufactures use the same design team?

Hexagonal grills seem to be the hawt thing now...

2016-Ford-Ranger.png

You're right! That hexagonal grill theme must be the hawtest thing. I kind of like it actually, BUT&#8230;&#8230;it brings great pain for me to even say this but the Global Ford Ranger is probably be best looking of all the mid-sizers (and I HATE FORD and never have anything good to say about anything Ford), although I've always been a fan of the 2005 to current Frontier's conservative body design too. Ranger wins the beauty contest for sure and that pisses me off
mad.gif

Last edited:

Clutch

<---Pass
You're right! That hexagonal grill theme must be the hawtest thing. I kind of like it actually, BUT&#8230;&#8230;it brings great pain for me to even say this but the Global Ford Ranger is probably be best looking of all the mid-sizers (and I HATE FORD and never have anything good to say about anything Ford), although I've always been a fan of the 2005 to current Frontiers conservative body design. Ranger wins the beauty contest for sure and that pisses me off
mad.gif

The Global Rangers aren't bad looking.

I can't find a non-rendering picture.

Everest will have to do, most likely what the production Ranger front end will look like.

Ford-Everest-Concept-9.jpg

DVexile

Adventurer
Screen Shot 2015-01-07 at 9.51.54 PM.jpg

Well, this is as much shadow detail as I could pull from the highest resolution image I could find.

So, is that a disk or a drum??? Drum I think, but what do I know?

DVexile

Adventurer
Yeah, definitely thinking drum. Identical processing on the front wheel here, notice larger diameter disk that is much more reflective. So I'm thinking the rear is a drum.

Screen Shot 2015-01-07 at 10.01.07 PM.jpg

AGAIN, ABOVE PHOTO IS THE FRONT WHEEL FOR COMPARISON

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
View attachment 264456

Well, this is as much shadow detail as I could pull from the highest resolution image I could find.

So, is that a disk or a drum??? Drum I think, but what do I know?

Most definitely rear disk. (WHOOPS....my bad, this picture is the front!)
2016-toyota-tacoma-double-cab-limited-wheels.jpg

It is just me or does the cab and bed body lines not line up? That seems pretty cheesy. I'm thinking they did skin an old Mitsubishi Raider for body pieces
2016-toyota-tacoma-double-cab-limited-front-three-quarter.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1