2021 Ford F250 Tremor Adventure Rig

Tex68w

Beach Bum
One a smaller tripod you’re correct. The tripods I run hold a 20 lb rifle with the majority of the mass being leveraged to one side without issue, and are rated for considerably greater than that. Legs can be adjusted out for greater stability as well. It’s in theory the same design as your camera gear, just a lot heavier built. Actuality most of the manufacturers started as camera gear manufacturers, and started producing rifle gear after seeing the demand.

I have a feeling you're referencing this little fella right here, the tripod, not the little Swiss PDW.

1tq1Cf3.jpg

BretEdge

Adventurer
Last week my son was at a mountain bike camp at Ft. Lewis in Durango, so my wife and I headed into the San Juan Mountains for a quick getaway. We had three days of great weather, and two days of absolute crap. We made the most of those first three days, hiking to six different waterfalls and camping at some pretty spectacular sites.

Tomorrow we all leave for five weeks on the road in northern California and Oregon. We're starting on California's Lost Coast and working our way north up the Oregon Coast, after which we'll headed to Hood River and then down through the Cascades. When we get home I have to fly to Minneapolis for a week of work and from there, I fly to Asheville, NC to pick up a Land Cruiser we just purchased. Looking forward to driving it home and...handing the keys over to my wife, for whom it was bought. I want the damn thing so bad but she deserves a new vehicle, so I'm inheriting her 2010 4Runner, which I'll build up into a nice little offroad rig.

Expect a load of photos from our summer trip. I'll try to post weekly or so, when I can. Have a great summer, everyone!

Attachments

• Summer Afternoon at Engine Creek Falls.jpg
    Summer Afternoon at Engine Creek Falls.jpg
    836.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Storm Clouds Building in Sky Above Overlanding Campsite in San Juan Mountains-2.jpg
    Storm Clouds Building in Sky Above Overlanding Campsite in San Juan Mountains-2.jpg
    688.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Aerial View of Overlanding Campsite in Hermosa Park.jpg
    Aerial View of Overlanding Campsite in Hermosa Park.jpg
    623 KB · Views: 33
  • Evergreens Framing Overlanding Campsite at Sunset in San Juan Mountains.jpg
    Evergreens Framing Overlanding Campsite at Sunset in San Juan Mountains.jpg
    714.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Hiker Enjoying View of Adrenaline Falls-Edit.jpg
    Hiker Enjoying View of Adrenaline Falls-Edit.jpg
    483.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Huck the Adventure Pug Relaxing at Camp in Voited Hammock.jpg
    Huck the Adventure Pug Relaxing at Camp in Voited Hammock.jpg