5vzfe Knock sensor wiring?

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Houston we have a problem, my recent motor swap went perfect (minor head scratching). All was installed when the unimaginable happened. The motor was running but seemed fully retarded, multiple codes were tripped the CEL. The problem was the knock sensor wire connector, on the harness side a number 11245 and on the knock sensor side 11166. I was unable to find anything in reference to either of these numbers and no wires or harnesses available. It’s a single pull wire but other than that I have nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I’m dead in the water w/o this.

CA-RJ

Expo Approved™
Call your local dealership and ask them for the knock sensor wireing harness. It's part number 82219-34010. List price is $29.55.

Last edited:

Trail100

Observer
^And intake gaskets...+2 plenum gaskets if you aren't comfortable using the old ones again and the knock sensor itself if it has some age on it (not a cheap part but you're in there anyways, sometimes the connector will pull off the top of the sensor when trying to remove the harness)

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Yep got the part ordered though the p# might be different ( I will post as soon as I get it). I did forget to mention the motor that was installed is new (fully rebuilt head to toe). I did not get a new knock sensor but perhaps I should have. There isn't much on the net about the actual replacement or part number of the 5vzfe's knock sensor wiring though it might be cross compatible with other motors. This should solve the problem.

Aaron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1