Another Tacoma Build (Brian's 2015 DCLB)

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
I'm sure you did the measurements to verify, but I was under the impression that the articulation of the leafs was the limiting factor in how much rear wheel droop you could get. If that wasn't the case the shock would essentially be your limiting strap which would almost certainly lead to premature failure.

Reason I asked about the sway bar was I wasn't sure if you installed the drop brackets. Granted the geometry may not play the same as with OME but I had a bit of interference running the lift with the sway bar in the stock location.

Oops missed that. Yes I installed the sway bar brackets.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Nothing much new today! Alignment tomorrow morning. Installed this little exhaust heat shield by the spare tire. Im not sure how effective it will be but hopefully it keeps from melting the new spare tire when it's in!

Then we played with some new shades and took my daughter to the zoo.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Alignment done, rear brake lines installed. Really amazing how little I can accomplish with a baby, and my friends all have kids. Lol

I bought stuff to extend breather tubes for a future date. I also ordered taller timbrens and some spacers to help with the camper weight. If anyone cares, I went with a535-55 which is rated at 1800lbs and 5-1/8" tall, with 3-1/8" max deflection (I have 6.5" spacing from bracket to frame). I can play with spacers and/or add a leaf to the spring pack to get the desired ride height and quality I think.

Oh and tires are in! Unfortunately my wheels won't be here until tomorrow, I have plans all day and the tire shop is closed Sunday. Monday will be exciting I guess!

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
you can open thr boxes and take a picture of whats inside.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Going to be a lot of gray but I think it will look good!

...this is 100% true... Wouldn't trade them for anything in the world though!

Absolutely. Just an adjustment! I usually get into projects and will work for 10-12 hours plus, skip meals etc to get something finished. So I'm still trying to adjust my expectations. Haha
I was hoping to take my daughter with me on a long summer trip (few weeks at least) but at this stage I don't know that I could do it by myself. We'll see how different my daughter is in a few months I suppose.

amo292

Adventurer
Looks awesome! I run the STMaxx on my tundra and love them. I have been thinking about downsizing and your truck is pretty damn close to the setup I want to build.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1