anyone running Kumho Venture MT KL71

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
I am looking into getting a set for my superduty in 285/75/16. Does anyone run them? whats your impressions of them? what size are you using? mileage on a set? pics? thanks ahead of time!

96discoXD

Adventurer
No personal experience with the MT's, but I had a set of the AT's on my wife's old Grand Cherokee. I wasn't real impressed and they wore very quickly. IMO there are better options on the market. There should be lots of MT's available in that size.

sxharr05

Adventurer
No personal experience with the MT's, but I had a set of the AT's on my wife's old Grand Cherokee. I wasn't real impressed and they wore very quickly. IMO there are better options on the market. There should be lots of MT's available in that size.

I'll second MOST of this. I am getting ready to replace a set of AT KL78's after about 30,000 miles. Mostly city/highway with some gravel and dirt road work. On the highways I found traction to be very good. BUT, they wore incredibly quickly IMO, and that in turn extremely limited their ability on other types of terrain. Seeing as how an MT is typically a softer compound (Don't know if it's possible), I'd stay away. Even if Kuhmo used the same compound, with the wear characteristics of an MT you'll kill 'em quickly.

Sangster

Adventurer
I'm using the KL71 MT's. they are GREAT offroad and pretty quiet for the first 1/2 of their life but now they are pretty noise and rough riding. I've got 60k miles on mine and they'll need to be replaced in about 15k more miles.

sxharr05

Adventurer
I'm using the KL71 MT's. they are GREAT offroad and pretty quiet for the first 1/2 of their life but now they are pretty noise and rough riding. I've got 60k miles on mine and they'll need to be replaced in about 15k more miles.

Wow. That's pretty good longevity.

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
wow that many issues with the A/T's? i have talked to other superduty owners that have them that love them and are getting 30-40,000 miles with them but those are mostly street queens, they got them for looks instead of using them for their intended purpose

I had a set on my superduty. Mine were 315-75-16.
Best tire I had on the truck yet. I got almost 40k outta them if I remember right. Very good road manners. Not loud at all. Decent off road.

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
Best tire I had on the truck yet. I got almost 40k outta them if I remember right. Very good road manners. Not loud at all. Decent off road.

good to hear. when off roading, what did you use them for? ie; trail running? mudding? rock crawling? etc?

Greggk

ZombieSoldier

do you have pics of them on your superduty? is your truck leveled, or lifted? im curious to see the 315's of these tires under just a leveled superduty

hpim9362.jpg

hpim9364.jpg

The truck has a 4" lift.
99% of the mileage on those tire were on pavement.
They did fine at the beach, and the few times it went off road which was mainly sand, and a little mud.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1