Artistic Shots- Well thought out, framed (positioned), artistic shots only please.

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
Thanks.

For what it's worth though, technically, non of those shots are macros,...in case you're wondering.:ylsmoke:

Last edited:

soonenough

Explorer
mrbishi - you mentioned in a previous post that you use Lightroom for post processing. How did you learn to use the software? Did you have previous photo processing experience, or did you start with Lightroom? I ask because I've been working a lot on my photo-taking skills, but I'm just starting to get into post-processing aspect of the photography process. I'm starting from scratch as far as knowledge goes, and the pics you've posted are pretty impressive. Do you have any recommendations for books, websites, etc? Or did you just learn as you went? I'd appreciate any help you (or anyone else) can give me.

mrbishi

Adventurer
Lost Canadian: ah huh tricked! let me try to guess but I don't really know. Number 1 looks like water droplets on some sort of non stick surface - maybe a pan? Number 2 is a dense thicket of trees. Number 3 the surface of some freshly cut chipboard maybe? I'm struggling

soonenough: Thankyou :D Chris Orwig is awesome - I thoroughly reccomend purchasing this: http://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/modPage.asp?ID=539. Search around for his name and you'll find A LOT of really good articles with useful stuff. Other than that there are a lot of good resources online and most importantly experiment and play - it's a good way to learn what works and what doesn't.

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
mrbishi said:
Lost Canadian: ah huh tricked! let me try to guess but I don't really know. Number 1 looks like water droplets on some sort of non stick surface - maybe a pan? Number 2 is a dense thicket of trees. Number 3 the surface of some freshly cut chipboard maybe? I'm struggling

LOL, isn't funny how we all see things differently.?.:D

I'll be nice, 1) is Christmas lights on my house viewed through the water droplets of melted snow on my windshield, 2) is trees with the keys catching the light, and 3) is an ice pattern on a pond. The setting sun revealed the interesting shapes.

Here's a couple more from today.

428483905_XwEe5-L.jpg

429250027_Wdrmr-L.jpg

Last edited:

mrbishi

Adventurer
hahah I fail. But in my defense its not often that I see ice out in my backyard :D it did actually pop into my head it may be some sorta macro ice pattern.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Cherohala Skyway in winter:
100_3354.jpg

GA-136 from the back of a motorcycle:
treesafterdarkroom.jpg

Canada in July:
100_4914.jpg

Gandolf & the Hobbits (actually Nashvillerover, his kids, and Chris' son):
100_1612.jpg

Photog

Explorer
We were in the Alabama Hills (near Lone Pine, CA), working with the sunrise. It is a huge place; so many images to create; so little time. I turned 90 degrees to the sun, and started looking for repeating shapes, and contrast. The black framing is easy to do from within Photobucket (edit/decorate/boarders)
Criteria: Thought out, composed, artistic. At least I hope it is artistic.:)
EPV0075-1.jpg

Last edited:

Photog

Explorer
MrBishi, I really like the Australian coast photos. Great use of the wide angle lens, and a great story in the "Fly Rod" photgraph.

Trevor, your abstracts are very interesting; but they are also well composed, using pleasing lines, space and selective focus. Well done.

mrbishi

Adventurer
A couple from our trip last weekend to a nice little spot we know of.

It's really hard to get a correct exposure with the amount of dynamic light changing from the shadows to the sky!

3090472729_b024dd8bf5.jpg

3090455585_889b9c45f9.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1