Artistic Shots- Well thought out, framed (positioned), artistic shots only please.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Sitting in the truck on the trail, waiting for the wind to die down. Seeing what she's seeing....

New+Years+Day+122.JPG

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
Great shots guys.

Here are a few from yesterday and today.

Shadow watcher.
447985970_WRssn-L.jpg

Industrial winter.
447960597_42L83-L.jpg

Rush.
447972488_vX7pf-L.jpg

Citrus sunrise I & II.
447973789_2yRXu-L.jpg

447987797_8QBDu-L.jpg

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
Cheers fellas.

Last night I took the dog for a walk through the forest after dark. Here are two shots from that walk. Both are one shot each, using mixed movement, a long exposure, toned in Lightroom, with no manipulation beyond the toning.

448516945_kcfaT-L.jpg

448514707_sLJhc-L.jpg

Last edited:

Photog

Explorer
Trevor,
Very nice piece of work. Well composed, and good proportions of bright sky and detailed tree. :26_7_2:

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
Sorry, it's a Sigma 150mm two-eight, macro.

There are a few reviews here and here if you're interested. Right now I'm in the process of selling off all my DX glass, and am changing up my lens selection a bit while I'm at it. I'm moving toward mostly primes, as I've found that I'm not a big fan of zooms.

Rob O

Adventurer
Disco in the Desert at Dusk <HDR>

Went out to shoot the sunset recently, because we had a few clouds overhead (which is considered a weather event here in AZ!) and those usually make for nice, vibrant skies at dusk. Looking for a spot to set up I came across this cactus, which appeared to be in a disco pose &#224; la John Travolta from Saturday Night Fever (or whatever). So I decided to throw on the 12-24 and capture the saguaro impressionist.

Because I didn't think a silhouette would show the cactus doing its best Bee Gees move, and I didn't have adequate lighting to illuminate while shooting directly into the sunset taking place in the background, I went with HDR.

This is a 7-exposure HDR ranging from -2EV to +4EV. I needed the extra stops over to get enough light and detail on the shady side of the cactus; going to -3EV went nearly black so 2 stops were enough. Blended and tone mapped in Photomatix Pro 3 then further processed in CS3. A lot of work for what is essentially a snapshot (random find).

Last edited:

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
That's hilarious Rob. I probably wouldn't have made that connection had you not pointed it out but because you did all I see is this now... too funny.
logo.jpg

I'm not usually one for off the charts HDR's but for this one I'd love to see a rendition pushed way out there, to make it sing disco. Nice one!

juicebox

Adventurer
I don't know if these qualify.

IMG_1317.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

my friends seem to like these. this was when i was in nordligen, germany. I just used my friends canon 5 or 6 megapixel point'n shoot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1