Artistic Shots- Well thought out, framed (positioned), artistic shots only please.

Adventurer
Playing with Photo Grunge App

a6f80ed9-2352-fa41.jpg

and original:

a6f80ed9-23a9-136f.jpg

Photo taking in a cemetery in Manchester, NH

Sent from somewhere on Earth.

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
thanks. trying to get out and shoot more by creating projects for myself. got some ideas now all i need is time or to win the lottery. :sombrero:

i'll look into smugmug. was trying not to pay for anything but picasa is jacked right now. my laptop shows all the albums but my desktop doesn't...

I wanna win the lotto to but I would have to play first. I like smugmug for the most part but not really any other realistic photography scourses out there IMO. a few up and comming but not there yet

cruisertoy

Explorer
Slot Canyon in the San Rafael Swell, Utah

Slot1.jpg
[/IMG]

Night Shot with my D90. I just can't get the crisp night shots some of you guys are shooting.

goblinnight1.jpg
[/IMG]

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
You are so close! :wings: Nice shots. Just try different settings to pull out the stars more. From my experience it usually takes high ISO to really see all the stars that your eyes pick up. Like 1600 or 3200. Then just run a noise reduction filter against it to to clean up the noise and leave the stars. Your night shot was pretty blue on my monitor. You could try warning up the WB a tad to make it match what you saw.

Cheaters note: Sometimes I use a grad filter in Lightroom on the sky to drop the color saturation way down in the sky but leave the color alone in the foreground. :elkgrin:

cruisertoy

Explorer
Thanks Brad. I took the shot pretty soon after sunset and there was still a little glow in the sky, maybe accounting to the blue tone. I'll be away from the city lights this weekend if I'm lucky and will bump the iso up and try the noise reduction. I put the camera on manual focus and focused just shot of infinity. Does that sound like good practice?

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Yep, each camera lens may be a little different but typically to get the focus right backing off a tad from infinity gets you close. From there maybe you can light up the foreground with a flashlight to fine tune the focus a little more.

cruisertoy

Explorer
man, i gotta get out there. i'm less than a day's drive now and i'm kicking myself i haven't done it. putting it on the list for this fall and definitely over the winter.

I've been down to the swell twice in three weeks. It's only 3 hrs from me. I'm supposed to be down there again this weekend but may have to bail because of work. It's definitely worth the drive if you get the chance.

smslavin

Adventurer
made a little walkabout downtown yesterday as i was waiting for my daughter's ballet class. need to do this more often.

Slavin_120509_2099.jpg

Slavin_120509_2116.jpg

Slavin_120509_2121.jpg

Slavin_120509_2126.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1