AT wins contract with Italian Expedition Company

GeoTracker90

Adventurer
Very Cool! Guys could :safari-rig: or :roost: or :av-7: for quite a long trip with this added capability. Nice to see that it is available to the general public as well. Good job, as usual!!

Mike

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Martyn said:
Adventure Trailers has won the contract to provide 5 modified Chaser trailers to the Italian Expedition Company ICE.

Very cool guys!
Now back to work because you need to conquer the trailer world. Italy, Norway, Finland and Russia were just to start the ball rolling...
:bowdown:

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Here are some pictures of the finished Chaser trailers with 250 liter fuel cells.

The tires and rims are just to roll the trailer around at the shop. They will be outfitted with new tires and rims in Italy to match the IVECO Massif and Daily vehicles.

side.jpg

front.jpg

back2.jpg

back.jpg

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:bowdown: Lets hear it for the gipper

Thats a pretty STRIPPED SPECIALTY CHASER, I don't think, you make much profit, but sure put a feather in the US/ITALY relations cap

---CONGRADULATIONS

:26_7_2: :26_7_2: JIMBO

Martyn

Here are a few pictures of the Custom made Snowmobile Trailer.

The trailer uses our independent suspension and has coil over adjustable shocks.

The fuel cell is split 250 liters of diesel, with hydronic heat, and 100 liters of gasoline. The fuel cell is reinforced to support the weight of the snowmobile and has adjustable tie-down points.

The ramp was designed taking into account sub-zero conditions and the use of heavy gloves during deployment and loading.

snomo3.jpg

snomo2.jpg

snmo1.jpg

snomo4.jpg

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Martyn said:
Here are some pictures of the finished Chaser trailers with 250 liter fuel cells.

back.jpg

Martyn, that "sub frame" looking piece is the fuel cell?

And i take it you used the coil over springs due to weight issues? What happened to you shock/bag setup?

Martyn

SOCALFJ said:
Martyn, that "sub frame" looking piece is the fuel cell?

And i take it you used the coil over springs due to weight issues? What happened to you shock/bag setup?

Dave

The fuel cell is the silver/aluminum rectangle above the black chassis.

We use coil-overs because we wanted to avoid any issues with the O rings that seal the airbag to the aluminum housing. Any moisture in the air system turns into ice crystals in sub zero conditions, the crystals are sharp and have abrasive qualities.

The O rings in the air struts had not been tested for prolonged sub-zero conditions, so we didn't want to take any chances.

With a regular air bag and separate shock the issue wouldn't have been so critical as the seal around them is different.

To use an air system for prolonged periods in sub-zero conditions an air compressor with moisture separator is almost mandatory.

The coil-overs in this case will work well as the load is relatively constant.

There is less daily maintenance with the coil over system and as personnel will be rotated in and out there will be no one person responsible for checking the vehicles and trailers.

boknows

Adventurer
Martyn said:
There is less daily maintenance with the coil over system and as personnel will be rotated in and out there will be no one person responsible for checking the vehicles and trailers.

I like the idea of less maintenance, is this something we might see more of in your designs?

~Jason

Last edited:

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
expedition trailers

Ray and I saw them last week bad *** is all I can say.Typical high quality workmanship is the norm for these guys.

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
Martyn said:
Dave
We use coil-overs because we wanted to avoid any issues with the O rings that seal the airbag to the aluminum housing. Any moisture in the air system turns into ice crystals in sub zero conditions, the crystals are sharp and have abrasive qualities.

This is the same reason to steer away from air lockers in a rig in Northern Canada. At least in any winter 'wheeling conditions.
The other problem that can be encountered with too much moisture in the lines is that the water freezes and can actually totally block any air flow through the lines.
Total loss of your ability to lock the diffs.

fj40fax

Observer
boknows said:
I like the idea of less maintenance, is this something we might see more of in your designs?

~Jason

I'm also curious about this. Were these custom ordered coil overs?

Fax

Martyn

fj40fax said:
I'm also curious about this. Were these custom ordered coil overs?

Fax

We can fit coil overs to our existing set up to replace the air over. The coil overs are custom in as much as we set the valving and spring rating.

The shock on both the air over and coil over has 16 settings to control rebound and compression.

The air over has the advantage of being quicker than the coil over to react to changing terrain, plus it can instantly adjust to the optimal ride height depending on load.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1