Big custom camper sightings

jeep4x4greg

Observer
I saw one last week Wed or thursday heading north on rt 116 in East Peoria, IL....i was heading the other way.....I didnt get a good look at what truck it was built on...was too busy looking at the back....but I think it was a Dodge

first time seeing one in person!

jymz

Whos in Vancouver BC?

I saw you on commercial drive, just ran home to grab a buddy and we are coming back for a picture. Who's ford f650 roamer?

howell_jd

Adventurer
Depressed? Outdoor activity stimulates natural endorphins!

I find the pic a bit depressing. Something about the wilderness, crowds, and conformity.

Well maybe the remark about conformity fits me...I am after all in the US Army - master of conformity (or uniformity anyway), but if you think all military folks are alike I assure you it is as diverse a community as America - pretty well representative. The rest of the ER group was quite diverse too: older couples, professionals, teachers, from California to Florida to North East USA to the Heartland...I think there were 30 of us (people not trucks).:smiley_drive:

I hope to get more photos like this at this year's gathering.:ylsmoke:

I can't see how the vista is very depressing though...an inevitable consequence of the creation of National Parks is that people will want to visit them - in groups even...unless solo travel is the thing for you - then I suppose I get it.:coffeedrink: To each his own...

I voted that ExPo wasn't snobby (and I am apparently in the minority as I review that thread). If you would apply your comment to a group of Jeeps, LandCruisers, Land Rovers, or any other similar vehicle style association "get together" then at least you'll be consistent in your discrimination of conformity. I'm just saying...not sure why you'd throw a grenade of a comment like that in this area though. We all picked up after ourselves...in fact we boondocked all week - no hookups, only solar and the water and food we brought in (and packed out the trash).:chef:

The rare Eastern ER. Perhaps a new eastern migration pattern. Or a lost juvenile ER.
Here's my junvenile ER enthusiast watching me keeping the solar panels clear in Gulf Shores earlier this month:
100_3736.jpg

If I misread your meaning, I apologize...hard to tell over electronic media - if not, please don't make one of the areas I like to visit unpleasant. Thanks.:)

JDH

dzzz

Well, I am concerned that the albino ER in the center of the photo will be rejected by the herd.............

attachment.php

APB - EarthRoamer XV-LT Stolen from La Mesa California Ford Dealer

Last night an EarthRoamer XV-LT was stolen from a Ford Dealership in La Mesa California.

The stolen vehicle is a Pueblo Gold, 2006 Ford F-450, Crew Cab based EarthRoamer XV-LT. It has Montana License plates number 4C57847 and the serial number plate by the camper entry door is #028, VIN# 1FDXW47P06EB71569

If you spot an EarthRoamer matching this description, please call 911 immediately to report the stolen vehicle. Also, please call 720-862-0040 so we can report the sighting to the owner.

Thanks,
-Bill-

Last edited:

SuperCal

Adventurer
I just saw one last night (july 2,2010) with South Dakota plates on it parked infront of walleyworld in North Windham, CT... Hopped out to take a few pics and 2 other people stopped to take pics too. Those things are even more impressive in person than in pics... Now only if i win the lottery......

davidshourd

Adventurer
Spoted today in East Hood River Oregon, Earthroamer Jeep, silver. parked in a field with several other expedition like rigs and some motorcycles, some with side carts. anyone on here?

JRhetts

Adventurer
Spoted today in East Hood River Oregon, Earthroamer Jeep, silver. parked in a field with several other expedition like rigs and some motorcycles, some with side carts. anyone on here?

Probably Mike Hiscox, Portland. He went north to the top of the Cascades a few days ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1