Burying gray water?

Yes one can use propylene glycol in engine antifreeze formulations, but having a higher molecular weight means to get a given molarity (same freeze point depression) you need a higher %. And the eutectic point is undoubtedly a higher temperature.
Ethanol makes a decent antifreeze and is “non” toxic (less toxic) than the same molecule with a second hydroxy group (ethylene glycol). Anyways the ethylene glycol doesn’t kill; it’s the metabolite, oxalic acid (renal failure due to massive stone formation)..
So Everclear will work. But I noticed recently that they weakened it from 190 proof to 151.
I bought some for white board cleaner. Cheaper than tiny bottles at Office Max

Last edited:

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
⬆ Wow! That great, complex, detailed response makes me wish I’d tried a lot harder to stay awake during my Chem 101 classes in college, ?. The only part I really understood was the bit about Everclear…

0FA02E52-29C6-433E-8989-415CC9A42AF4.jpeg

(A tip o’ the hat ?, to the incomparably talented Gary Larson)

Last edited:

plh

Explorer
⬆ Wow! That great, complex, detailed response makes me wish I’d tried a lot harder to stay awake during my Chem 101 classes in college, ?. The only part I really understood was the bit about Everclear…

Everclear is Ethyl Alcohol. 190 proof or 95% grain alcohol. It doesn't freeze until -173F +/-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design