Easter Jeep Safari Concepts 2015

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
The africa is a copy of what jsherb has posted here, as noted above.

SideSwapTable1_zps27a38cdc.jpg

AZJim

Observer
The Africa Wrangler also looks like an evolution model of the 1997 Jeep Dakar concept. A 4 door, all steel TJ.

Jim

Jurfie

Adventurer
Give me the Chief! That would be my choice to compliment my current JKR.

Hummina-hummina. :drool:

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I would like to see the Africa in two lengths. One the standard length JK and then this 130 version.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
CAd5f2qVEAEYBo7.jpg

CAd5ro4UwAEqv-_.jpg

landscape-1426780082-cn015-021jptrsarhum0b2cuccshvnrbg0jo4.jpg

gallery-1426781168-cn015-027jp7h000992gm7sq1j1u6lsvbg9ck.jpg

gallery-1426794954-img-0350.jpg

jeep-wrangler-africa-concept-16-1.jpg

jeep-wrangler-africa-concept-13-1.jpg

jeep-wrangler-africa-concept-02-1.jpg

jeep-wrangler-africa-concept-04-1.jpg

jeep-wrangler-africa-concept-03-1.jpg

Steel. Wheels. I've had a handful of Wrangler testers, and subjected them all to the horrors of Windrock OHV park. They all came from the factory with gorgeous aluminum alloy wheels, and none of them survived the rock gardens without at least one gnarly scar. Steel isn't light, but it is durable and cheap, making it the perfect material for off-road rollers that do more than clog the Starbucks parking lot.

The wheels are wrapped in 35-inch BFGoodrich mud terrain tires. That's considerably taller than stock, helping to add ground clearance and negate some of the drawbacks of the long wheelbase Wrangler. The two-inch lift, with its Fox shocks, doesn't hurt either.
There are a set of proven Dana 44 axles front and rear, though Jeep doesn't say anything about whether or not the sticks come with lockers. The beefier front axle is a good thing with the larger tires, and the torque from the 2.8-liter turbo-diesel engine.

That's right, I said the magic words: turbo diesel. The 2.8-liter mill is small and fairly lightweight, but still manages to make big torque low in the rev range, right where you need it when it comes time to scramble over an obstacle. The extra fuel economy will also help you stay out longer, as will the auxiliary fuel tanks. Win.

Add in body protection like hood-to-roof guy wires, rock rails, and a high-clearance, steel front bumper, and you're good to tackle everything but the meatiest of trails. Oh, and if you do happen to get stuck, there's a winch up front to help yank you out.

Last edited:

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
The custom jerry can and holder looks nice. It even seems the are using the old wwII cinch strap, but in black. I could see this being made for the current JKs.
jeep-wrangler-africa-concept-06-1.jpg

jeep-wrangler-africa-concept-07-1.jpg
jeep-wrangler-africa-concept-10-1.jpg

jeep-wrangler-africa-concept-09-1.jpg

I'd rather see a built in table than the Rack System.
jeep-wrangler-africa-concept-08-1.jpg

Jurfie

Adventurer
Don't get me wrong, the Africa is cool...but we'll never see it in production with the JK model coming to an end. Perhaps we'll see something similar based on the new model.

But...COME ON! Who wouldn't want to bomb around in one of these babies?! If this was sold as a ~2018 model year, I'd scoop one up in a heartbeat. Seems like a good way to continue using the JK platform, in a completely retro-fresh version. Come on Jeep! Bring this to market with a Comanche version as well!

image.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1