Easter Jeep Safari Concepts 2015

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
I was informed by my local dealer today they received news the next generation JK won't have an aluminum body . . . .

Whenever I hear stuff like that it makes me apply this logic:

Jeep are designing the future of their brand right now, and they're trying to keep a lid on some of the specifics.

What do Jeep have to gain by informing dealers YEARS in advance of some decision or other?

None, in my opinion. Which means they wouldn't do it.

Dealers deal in rumors just like the rest of the world. Not facts.

-Dan

MTSN

Explorer
Whenever I hear stuff like that it makes me apply this logic:

Jeep are designing the future of their brand right now, and they're trying to keep a lid on some of the specifics.

What do Jeep have to gain by informing dealers YEARS in advance of some decision or other?

None, in my opinion. Which means they wouldn't do it.

Dealers deal in rumors just like the rest of the world. Not facts.

-Dan

Totally agree. When I used to work at a motorcycle dealership back in the day, some of the sales guys would flat lie or make stuff up to sound like they were in the know. Everyone "had their sources" that were oftentimes hearsay, rumors or again just plain made up. Talk is cheap, and I don't really trust any dealer.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Who can you trust?

Wait... are you guys saying you can't trust a salesman! :Wow1:

If you can't trust a salesman, who can you trust... :elkgrin:
OK, I'm just totally kidding about this. I once was a salesman too, mostly used vehicles... like Kurt Russell. ROFLOL!

Jurfie

Adventurer
Salesmen want to sell the current-gen JK, not encourage you to wait for the "next great thing". Guarantee they would say "it will gain weight but not GVWR, have full independent suspension, lose 4-low, and there is zero chance of a diesel option. But I just happen to have a GREAT deal on this JK that doesn't quite meet your needs, but it's your LAST CHANCE to get a real Jeep!"

Heck, the first dealer I went to when I was looking for my JK didn't have what I wanted, and flat-out said I couldn't order one from the factory.

da10A

Adventurer
The wrangler JK will be changing model in about 15 months, if not before. There's no way they would come up with an additional version of the current model, No way. The africa concept stirs the same excitment that the DAKAR concept did for the tj, and it remained just that.... A concept. But, it might mean that they are thinking about adding a stretched version in the next generation wrangler, just like that same Dakar concept might have lead jeep to come up with the JKU considering the interest.

Jurfie

Adventurer
That TJ Dakar concept was (is) awesome.

jeep-dakar-07.jpg

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
The wrangler JK will be changing model in about 15 months, if not before. There's no way they would come up with an additional version of the current model, No way. The africa concept stirs the same excitment that the DAKAR concept did for the tj, and it remained just that.... A concept. But, it might mean that they are thinking about adding a stretched version in the next generation wrangler, just like that same Dakar concept might have lead jeep to come up with the JKU considering the interest.
But there could easily be an AEV version.
And with a few waves of a wand, retrofits of the diesel.

Amphibeast

Adventurer
Any idea if they are bringing the JK Africa model out to OE15? They showed up with the FC last year…… I don't need to be teased but I also like hanging out with swimsuit models too…. doesn't always mean ya get to take one home but drooling is much more affordable too!

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Any idea if they are bringing the JK Africa model out to OE15? They showed up with the FC last year…… I don't need to be teased but I also like hanging out with swimsuit models too…. doesn't always mean ya get to take one home but drooling is much more affordable too!

Yes indeed.
Overland Journal have teamed up with Jeep to bring it.

It was OJ's Facebook status a little while back - https://www.facebook.com/OverlandJournal/posts/10153291550943914

Jealous I can't be there this time!

I'll just have to build my own Africa Jeep ;)

-Dan

TCM

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0006
Scott Brady posted elsewhere on the forum that the Africa concept will be at the Overland Journal booth. I cannot remember the specific thread else I would have linked it here.

Amphibeast

Adventurer
Scott Brady posted elsewhere on the forum that the Africa concept will be at the Overland Journal booth. I cannot remember the specific thread else I would have linked it here.

Drooling!!!!! That booth will be busy & probably giving out loitering citations!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1