Africa-018_MG_0836.jpg

Africa-025_MG_1116.jpg

Africa-019_MG_0843.jpg

Africa-008_MG_0791.jpg

Africa-001_MG_0782.jpg

Africa-017_MG_0830.jpg

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Just saw these rigs today, at the Jeep display.
The steel wheels look like vintage steels that are available.
Also found out they finally updated the Mopar website. Things like the high mount fenders and the Mopar branded beadlocks are available now.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I was able to spend quite a bit of time examining the Africa and Chief today, including taking a few measurements and taking a look under the hood of the Chief. The Africa is stretched about 10" behind the axle compared to the stock JKU BTW.

Here's a photo of the interior of the Africa showing the additional headroom, and an additional crossbar on the roll bar that curves upward.

AfricaInterior_zpsyt5vm13u.jpg

A nice touch on the Chief are the teak strips on the cargo area floor and the tailgate:

ChiefTeak_zpsu3vymg6f.jpg

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
I was able to spend quite a bit of time examining the Africa and Chief today, including taking a few measurements and taking a look under the hood of the Chief. The Africa is stretched about 10" behind the axle compared to the stock JKU BTW.

Here's a photo of the interior of the Africa showing the additional headroom, and an additional crossbar on the roll bar that curves upward.

Hi Jeff, was on the trail with you today, but kept getting caught up in stuff, and didn't get a chance to say hi.
Pretty awesome place.

Scott

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Hi Jeff, was on the trail with you today, but kept getting caught up in stuff, and didn't get a chance to say hi.
Pretty awesome place.

Scott
Wish I had known you were there!

The tail gunner was also someone I knew from back when I had a Scrambler, it was good seeing him again. At the end of the trail we posed his Scrambler with my LJ-8 for pictures, it's cool seeing them both together. Off topic for this thread though so won't post the pix here :).

Jurfie

Adventurer
View attachment 276447

Just noticed the rear doors on the Chief are still there, but with shaved handles and hinges. Love the fact that it is a four door, but not noticeably so...got me thinking about a "2-door" (at least in appearance) JKU again.

Anyone get a picture of the inside of the rear door? Is it just the same as the interior of a JKU rear half door?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1