FEELER THREAD!!! PLEASE RESPOND

Sempertoy

Explorer
Well, I have been thinking about posting a thread of my deployment to Afghanistan. I know that it isn't your typical "adventure'' however, it was more of an adventure than I have ever been on, and probably the only 7 month "camping trip" I will ever do in my life. I do not want to offend anyone on this site, I have too much respect for the majority of the members, and am thankful that expoportal is around (albeit my wife doesn't enjoy the fact too much). That being said I will not post any (what I feel to be) offensive pictures or negative images of dead bodies etc. Just some images of everyday life while in country, some cookouts, some vehicles, yada yada. Let me know your feelings and reasons please!

Thanks,
Jon

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
It would be interesting to see. I'm not sure you would offend anyone, but going into a war zone you might see some things that you would not want to share on a forum.

Clem

Adventurer
Sempertoy,

I would be interested in reading/viewing of your adventure...Please post do post.

Clem

P.S. Thank you for your service

Sempertoy

Explorer
It would be interesting to see. I'm not sure you would offend anyone, but going into a war zone you might see some things that you would not want to share on a forum.

You are right, I would not include anything negative. I will keep it PG rated, It's something that I would share with my family when they ask to see pictures. Thanks for your comment!

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
That would be great if you shared some pics. In turn, we will post pics that will torture, er, increase your desire to get back here safe and sound. Well, at least safe.

So we can help you out during this deployment, you should let we members know where to get the keys to your 80 so we can drive it around the block and wash it every once in a while. Just label the key "for Jodie." No need to thank us now...

Stay safe shipmate!

Dirtytires

Explorer
Hmmm. My brother jut returned from two tours in the sand box. Would be good reading, maybe we could swap pics.

Your service is appreciated.

Sempertoy

Explorer
That would be great if you shared some pics. In turn, we will post pics that will torture, er, increase your desire to get back here safe and sound. Well, at least safe.

So we can help you out during this deployment, you should let we members know where to get the keys to your 80 so we can drive it around the block and wash it every once in a while. Just label the key "for Jodie." No need to thank us now...

Stay safe shipmate!

Ha! tango, you are the man. While I appreciate your offer, I feel as though I have been unclear in my post. This is a COMPLETED adventure ;) I was deployed with OEF 10-2 from sept 2010 to april 2011. But its good to know that when I go again, I have a good group of guys to watch after my truck!
On a side note I don't think I would be practicing very good opsec if I was posting while over there. The FOB I was at is now a small base and the PB's I visited I dont think even exist anymore.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Ha! tango, you are the man. While I appreciate your offer, I feel as though I have been unclear in my post. This is a COMPLETED adventure ;) I was deployed with OEF 10-2 from sept 2010 to april 2011. But its good to know that when I go again, I have a good group of guys to watch after my truck!
On a side note I don't think I would be practicing very good opsec if I was posting while over there. The FOB I was at is now a small base and the PB's I visited I dont think even exist anymore.

Dang - I was looking forward to a DV adventure, I mean, washing/waxing your truck.

Yeah, that wouldn't be good OPSEC I suppose... but pretty sure this is a Taliban-free forum. Ask some dual-cool II MEF guys about OPSEC, just to be sure. D'oh! :yikes:

GR8ADV

Explorer
My son recently informed me that he (18 yrs old) would soon be a Marine. Yes you should post. I am on the fence about tuning in.

Thank you for serving.

k

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1