Flippac $300 obo - Orange County, CA

ddawson

Adventurer
Hey guys, I'm moving out of the area and have to ship my truck. I put a regular shell on so the Flippac must go. I have owned this Flippac for 4 years now. I used it on my 1999 Nissan Frontier. The guy who I bought it from had it on an early 90's Toyota Pickup. It should also fit a Ranger or 1st gen Tacoma. I've used it on a ton of trips and it has served me very well. It is one of the early Flippac models and is probably 15+ years old. Whoever buys this will need to do some work on it. Here is the ad:

FOR SALE: Flippac Camper Shell - 6ft bed (74in x 52.5in)

Description: Age unknown. White Flippac

Price: $300 obo

Known Problems:
1. The biggest problem - The arm in the lid which connects to the torsion bar has deteriorated on the drivers side and the lid is starting to separate. I was planning on sending it in to the factory in Riverside for repairs, but I am now moving out of the area. If you are a fiberglass whiz this should not be too difficult of a fix. (I will be uploading closeup pics hopefully in the next two days)
2. I started to restore it and replaced about 90% of the interior carpet, but there are a couple of sections that are bare fiberglass.
3. It needs a new tent. The current one works fine, but does have some small holes and one of the velcro straps is broken. The zippers all work.
4. It originally came with barn doors, but they had issues, so I built a hatch that fit into the spot. It needs a couple of minor repairs, and the keys were lost during a Baja trip.

Contact info:
If interested, please call or text. My phone number is 714-943-5618. My name is Danny. Or email me at ddawson_83@yahoo.com. I will not be able to check PMs very often. The shell is currently in my garage.

Some pics: (Sorry for the lack of closeup pics. I will be uploading these hopefully in the next two days)

baja1.jpg

IMG_9511.jpg

baja8.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

Last edited:

SilverBullet

Explorer
Can you post the dimensions at the bed rails please? I know someone who is looking for one in the future, and this price might be worth changing a few things around for.

billy bee

Adventurer
I'll grab it from you on July 7 or 8. I'll be down in Torrance for the weekend...no plans to be there any earlier. Sending email.

bb

Last edited:

billy bee

Adventurer
Hi Guys,

This is actually going to Karl at SLO Sail and Canvas. It will fit his Ranger, and we will use it to prototype fun, new gadgets for the FP. I am thinking about some hanging storage bags for the interior. Maybe a privacy curtain for the middle bow. And I am really shooting for a vestibule that will hang from the rear hatch. The best part...Karl has little/no idea what I have in mind. Stay tuned...

bb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1