GoneMOAB 2014

zukrider

Explorer
hahaha. yeah, it happens! that was a long time ago, and im a much different driver now. not to mention that rig was far to tall.

Im so stoked!

XTorrey

Observer
Zuk, we're taking the route through Gateway on Sunday if you wanted to meet up in Grand Junction and convoy.

zukrider

Explorer
XTorrey, id love to hear the details. i just sent a message to my buddy. i planned to drive over on sunday, not specific on a time yet. only real detail still floating is when/where i have to meet up with Bobby to rent the RTT. other than that, im flexible all around. i do want to be in early enough to catch all of the beginning meetings and such.

Dmski

Adventurer
I'm considering doing this this year! Not sure I'll get the time off, but it would be fun for sure!

SpongeX

Rust does a body good.
XTorrey, id love to hear the details. i just sent a message to my buddy. i planned to drive over on sunday, not specific on a time yet. only real detail still floating is when/where i have to meet up with Bobby to rent the RTT. other than that, im flexible all around. i do want to be in early enough to catch all of the beginning meetings and such.

I'll have her put up some details but the route We usually take will get us in to Moab with plenty of time to spare.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk

Strizzo

Explorer
My wife and I will be there this year, it'll be my first time with the Xterra and wheeling in Moab. We did the Silverton/Ouray/Telluride area a couple of years ago and have been wanting to get back to do Moab ever since. I'm tied up with work in NW Colorado until Monday morning so we'll meet up with the group at the most disorganized cookout on Monday night at Canyonlands Campground and hit the trails starting Tuesday. We are staying at the Moab KOA but I'm not sure if anyone else is.

SpongeX

Rust does a body good.
We'll see you at the cookout. There's no place else like Moab for wheeling.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk

zukrider

Explorer
Sounds good Sponge. i just need some meet up times to pass on to my Compadre. im in for this for sure. have any of you done the 2D trip into Moab? i think it sounds pretty cool as well.

XTorrey

Observer
We're pretty open to time, Zuk. We live right in Grand Junction, which is where you would hop on 50 to head down to Whitewater and connect to 141 for Gateway. We can take the shorter route in over the La Sal mountains if strapped for time, or if we have enough time we can do the trail near Rose Garden Hill that connects to Onion Creek. We're staying at Canyonlands and are both trail leading, so we'll be there for the ham radio and trail leader meeting before the Sunday cookout.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1