GoneMOAB 2014

XTorrey

Observer
We've taken that trail in before, but I'm not sure if the Dolores crossing will be low enough at that time of year to do safely. Sponge actually has video I took of him making the crossing and it was over the hood at one point-if I recall correctly it was late May or early June.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

SpongeX

Rust does a body good.
Yeah I'm not sure I'd try that crossing that early in the year. I'll find that video later.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk

SpongeX

Rust does a body good.
Kokopelli is a two day trail. I tried to get it on the schedule for this year but event insurance doesn't allow for overnight runs.

zukrider

Explorer
Bummer. thats ok though. id like to make a family trip for leisurely travel and do Koko, White rim, Elephant hill, and a bunch of National Park hiking!

zukrider

Explorer
Hey Torrey, what time would we need to be in GJ to be able to meet&greet and take off to be in Moab by 4? I'd like to establish camp and be work free before the Sunday meeting.

ctracy5

Hey guys I am heading to goneMOAB with Zuk, and trying to nail down my plans. What would be the meeting place and time for doing this and what road would be taking?

SpongeX

Rust does a body good.
For this route we would need to leave Grand Junction at about 11am I'd think.

SpongeX

Rust does a body good.
Basic route is 141 south to Gateway then Gateway road into Utah. We usually take Thompson canyon to Onion Creek. After that its 128 through the canyon into town.

zukrider

Explorer
11am it is. Im there! i believe Chris is obligated to that morning with stuff, but hopefully he can make it!

XTorrey

Observer
Might be easier for you all coming in if we met somewhere right off the Clifton exit for Highway 6 so you can top off on fuel or grab something to eat if you need to, and then we can hop on 141 from there. There's plenty of places to meet up just off of the highway-want to plan on the McDonald's parking lot?

SpongeX

Rust does a body good.
Clifton McDonald's is pretty easy to get to and would be right on the way.

XTorrey

Observer
Zuk, PM'ed you our numbers so you have a way to get a hold of us if there's any issues on the way over.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

PajEvo

JDM Journeys
We are heading down from Calgary again this year. If you were there in 2010 or 2012 you'd have probably met us. I'll be the guy in the mitsu diesel with the steering wheel on the wrong side.

We are staying in the condos. We generally host Canadian condo night at some point during the week. Look for the flag! ;)

See you guys in a couple of weeks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1