Jayco, Starcraft, Fleetwood vs. Adventure Trailer, Kimberly Kamper, etc.

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
Gear said:
Another positive plug for the Adventure Trailers Chaser. I am still amazed at how well this trailer tows behind my Jeep.

This is now an understatement - after the Expedition Trophy " Sand Course" :sombrero:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
DUTCH said:
I have a Kimberley Kamper that I just spent a week and a half in Colorado and Utah. It is one heckuva unit. Rather than go on about it, it would be much easier to respond to specific questions and/or concerns.

Sadly, my wife will not convert to camperism, so I'd like to sell it. It's listed in the For Sale forum.

Hi Dutch,

I'm new to this forum and just purchased a King Kamper Explorer. I was curious if you ever sold yours. I didn't see it in the for sale section. Do you have any other input or suggestions for new Explorer owner? :) I pick mine up in Mesa, AZ on 1/20. Just a like kid before Christmas.

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
Tucson T4R said:
Hi Dutch,

I'm new to this forum and just purchased a King Kamper Explorer. I was curious if you ever sold yours. I didn't see it in the for sale section. Do you have any other input or suggestions for new Explorer owner? :) I pick mine up in Mesa, AZ on 1/20. Just a like kid before Christmas.

Mine is still for sale, although the post is probably buried very deeply in the for sale forum.

I don't really have any tips, as I haven't kept up with the changes that were made to make it into the "Explorer" category. Enjoy it. It is a very unique item in the US.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the quick reply Dutch. I plan to use this trailer for hunting base camps in Arizona & Colorado. We also plan to use it with our family camping in NM, CO, NV, AZ and on the beaches in Mexico.

I'll try to post back my experiences and maybe help you sell yours. :) I am very impressed with quality and durability compared to anything I have seen manufactured in the US. Adventure trailers are outstanding but the trailer top tent and lack of other amenities for my wife moved me in the direction of these King Kampers.

I'll ley you folks know how it works out for us. :)

Here's my tow vehicle:

Brads4Runner001.jpg

DSC02258_edited-1.jpg

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
They are most certainly extremely rugged. I also like being able to walk around inside.

Do they still use the Treg hitch? While that hitch is "super" once connected, it is a bit of a pain to connect - especially when trying to do so on uneven ground. It has to be lined up perfectly, or you can't insert the pin. I found a very nice mirror accessory which makes getting it lined up to connect a whole lot easier. A rear view camera would also help in this regard..

You'll also find that a set of leveling blocks will be handy under a wheel to level it from side to side. I have a set that goes together like Lego's, yet packs very compactly.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Yep, they still use the Treg hitch. I like your idea on the leveling blocks. Where did you find yours?

:1888fbbd:

blupaddler

Conspirator
Tucson T4R said:
Hi Dutch,

I'm new to this forum and just purchased a King Kamper Explorer. I was curious if you ever sold yours. I didn't see it in the for sale section. I pick mine up in Mesa, AZ on 1/20. Just a like kid before Christmas.

Congrats!!!

Where/How did you get a Kimberly in the US? I know Slee will be selling them soon. They are REALLY nice. I got look at Slee's in Pismo. :drool: :drool:

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
blupaddler said:
Congrats!!!

Where/How did you get a Kimberly in the US? I know Slee will be selling them soon. They are REALLY nice. I got look at Slee's in Pismo. :drool: :drool:

My 2002 KK is for sale. Let me know if you're interested. It's cherry and considerably less expensive than a new one.

gwagen@bellsouth.net

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
Tucson T4R said:
Yep, they still use the Treg hitch. I like your idea on the leveling blocks. Where did you find yours?

Leveling blocks came from CampingWorld.com. Here's the link:

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/...eling-Blocks--Set-of-10/skunum=24733:src=FPFP

You can see them in use under the left wheel in this photo:

http://www.pbase.com/flydutch/image/41540852

They're not easy to see, since there are plastic wheel chocks in front and back of the tire.

The Hitch Spotter mirror accessory can be head here:

http://www.trailer-hitch.com/

It's a god-send for getting that Treg Hitch lined up so you can insert the pin.

Last edited:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Slee Offroad is the primary US dealer now for the King Kamper (which is the US name for the imported Kimberly Kamper, same thing with US sourced parts). IN the Southwest my closest dealer is:

Arizona, New Mexico and at Present Southern California Dealer
Rob Hart
666 E Southern Ave
Mesa, Arizona
United States of America
Tel 480-892-4621
Email robhart@kingkampers.com

Here's their King Kamper US website:

http://www.kingkampers.com/buying/dealers.html

Also, Dutch, thanks for the links. I'll check it out. :26_7_2:

Last edited:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
DUTCH said:
Leveling blocks came from CampingWorld.com. Here's the link:
You can see them in use under the left wheel in this photo:

http://www.pbase.com/flydutch/image/41540852

They're not easy to see, since there are plastic wheel chocks in front and back of the tire.
It's a god-send for getting that Treg Hitch lined up so you can insert the pin.

Great Pics Dutch! I'll have to get a gallery going of my adventures and post a few myself.

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
blupaddler said:
Congrats!!!

If you want a King(Kimberley) Kamper and can find one in the USA, you had best snap it up. The KK factory in Australia has a 6 month backlog on Australian orders alone; and has decided to let the US marketing efforts rest for now.

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
KimberleyKamper Photos

If anyone is interested, there are a series of photos of the KK in action here:

http://www.pbase.com/flydutch/kimberleykamper

Click on the thumbs to open a larger photo. The very last/bottom thumb will open another album of shots borrowed from the factory and other websites showing it in some very hard action situations.

Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design