Adventurer
We stay at Congo actually

DSC02358.JPG

http://transafrica2012.blogspot.com

Surfy

Surfy

Adventurer
DSC04041.JPG

We have finished the Transafrica, by arriving Capetown. Our daily diary is now completed and Online in our blog @ http://transafrica2012.blogspot.com

We have to review our pictures, and we will add some pictures to each day in the next weeks.

The Land Cruiser 200 has taken the hard road, and he has to get some service back at home.

He had taken more bad roads than i though as i plan the trip - and i`m wondering, what kind of stuff need a repair.

We had to replace the front windscreen, and it is broken again now (both times hit by stones). Also we have a killed fog light glass, had to replace the fuel filter and the airfilter once. Toyota did an excellent job with the Land Cruiser 200!

I will update my transafrica Thread about experiences of the trip itself later - here i will stay more car related ;-)

Surfy

RangeBrover

Explorer
How did the cruiser hold up during the trip? Any problems with any of your modifications or anything that you wish you would have done? Love the pictures, keep posting them up.

Surfy

Adventurer
I did much research how i want to mod the car, and had some experiences with driving offroad in laos (modded) and nothern thailand (stock) with rentals. I know what i have missed, what have saved me and so on.

Each mod has reasons to do it, and not to do it....

I think you have always a more than 60% chance - that your setup isn`t that good than as stock - when you finish your wishlist...

The overall setup has to work, not only each mod for itself.

I had much luck, and found the right people for doing it. Yes, i would rebuilt the car the same way.

Just minor changes in the inside, i will change for the next trip. I would like to be able to turn up the bed more than now, at sample.

Yes, i would do all the mods again.

Also i want to say it very clear: you dont have to mod your car that heavy - for a transafrica. Such a setup allows more speed, and relaxed drive in a harsh environment. Stock konfiguration, a Snorkel and a handwinch - you also had mad the same route - but with much much work ^^.. With the bigger tyres and mudterrain profile - you can do it with not much more work...

The locals once named my driving style "bush bashing", as they see us later. I think most of the people who did something like a transafrica - has another style to drive. I dont drive a rally style - but i know that i have a frontbar, and drive like that. I often dont break much when i see a muddy passage - i know that my car could handle that because there is not much plastic stuff in the front.

Surfy

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1