Land Cruiser 60th Anniversary Model was announced - 2011 Frankfurt Motor Show

Flagster

Expedition Leader
Am I just stupid but how can we have a 1997 40th anniversary and a 2012 60th anniversary...I think I will wait until the 2020 100th an edition

HMalice

Am I just stupid but how can we have a 1997 40th anniversary and a 2012 60th anniversary...I think I will wait until the 2020 100th an edition

Hmm, good point! Maybe the 40th was for 40 years in the US and they have been sold elsewhere longer?

esh

Explorer
Hmm, good point! Maybe the 40th was for 40 years in the US and they have been sold elsewhere longer?

That sounds about right. '52 was about right when the BJ was born, and '57 is right around when FJ25s came into the US. The 25 series forum on ih8mud probably knows down to the day. ;)

Loved the faked vintage earlier series footage in the video!

It still doesn't excuse Toyota from their shenanigans (maybe if they made an hour or so of vintage footage).

haven

Expedition Leader
Forum member Tucan Viajero shows how he uses his well equipped 200 series in Venezuela

ElSalto-010b.jpg

GTP2-11-00180.jpg

Lots more photos on his blog http://tucanviajero.blogspot.com/

brussum

Adventurer
What makes the 60th anniversary model so special? It looks like just about any other 200 series with a few extra badges.

BlackIceBob

Too bad it's such an ugly truck...........

Ugly? You mean the 200 series? Or the Lexus GX460?

I think they are both uber-cool. Lucky for me I can't afford either one....I really didn't see anything different from the run-of-the-mill 200/GX to make it a 60th Anniversary Special.

But I do have an FJ and a '01 Hundy in the garage! :ylsmoke:

dcoy

Adventurer
Yeah. No desires for a 200 series (got enough Cruisers for now), but the video (especially the building soundtrack) is awesome. Almost brings tears to your (my) eyes. I guess that's how they sell product.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1