Land Cruiser Photos

esh

Explorer
Dusk shot of the 40 at Christmas Valley sand dunes.

8868-fj40-dunesunset.jpg

And for the upcoming winter season in the USA, a shot of "FJ454" on top of Goat Mountain. Need to get that beast back on the road!

0022.jpg

Box Rocket

And for the upcoming winter season in the USA, a shot of "FJ454" on top of Goat Mountain. Need to get that beast back on the road!

0022.jpg

Ken, when the time comes I still have dibs on the FJ454. Just hoping my bank account will cooperate whenever that time arises. :) I have wanted that truck for over a decade now.

esh

Explorer
Ken, when the time comes I still have dibs on the FJ454. Just hoping my bank account will cooperate whenever that time arises. :) I have wanted that truck for over a decade now.

Let me make at least a couple runs to Deer Valley and maybe we can talk. I've no problem with you first in line and you would make that truck better than I could hope to. I am hoping to start serious work on it next winter. This year had setbacks, with the '85 p/u DD losing a cylinder and my 40 fighting me at every turn.

The 45 is going down to 35s, getting its pretty nice bed back on. I am thinking of a bed hoop setup to accomodate the RTT without it sticking too far above the roofline (and allow for canvas top). Also a large fuel tank in the bed, and I have a huge q-jet and matching edelbrock intake for it. Body work fixed (that was a sad surprise when I got it...) and a repaint. Just stock rear axle with 700r4 and cruiser case (so it is getting setup for driving/snow and not hard core). That thing is too easy to break in hardcore mode, or I got it at the wrong time after everything had already been stressed.

rockland213

68 fj ????????

The frame was from a 83 toy pickup that i had put the cummins in
It worked great till I had problems with the transfer case .When i was under the truck to fix the transfer i found very bad rust around the rear leaf springs . So i decided to build this . The cowl is from a 68 fj 40 that i cut up years ago (young and dum) and the frame was cut and rebuilt 10in longer than stock . Everything from the cab back was handmade.

Attachments

• SANY1549.JPG
    SANY1549.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 36
  • SANY1528.JPG
    SANY1528.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 42

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1