Left side living

dibsen

Adventurer
Konichiwa!
Just moved to Okinawa and purchased a 98 Pajero for a cool $2.5k. We went out to do some minor exploring (site seeing) just to get a better lay of the land and see how our new (to us) Pajero. The Mitsubishi is perfect! I was able to separate the kids enough that they didn't fight once the whole morning. Huge plus!

We tried to visit a religious site that was listed as one of the top sites on the island but it was closed when we got there.

the local parks on the island are awesome! I will let the pics and videos do the talking.

image.jpg

Last edited:

dibsen

Adventurer
I'll trade you the wheels for your suspension, bumper and tires:)

I just got stationed here recently.

I looked at the full ome setup, under a grand on the site I found. Unfortunately my Rover back home is soaking up all my car funds:(

I only have 2 AT tires(frt) but that torsion center diff has already proved more than capable. I'm sure the first time I get stuck the idea of getting 2 more tires will be worth it.

dibsen

Adventurer
image.jpgimage.jpg

Not sure why these pics got flipped. This was at the park too; some kind of reflexology thing. My feet still hurt.

image.jpgimage.jpg

This park had this giant concrete (the okinawan's love concrete) panda slide. To thi right lay some logs for you to get your ninja warrior on the way back up to the top of the slide.

Cool thing about these parks is they are all over the island and they are free!

Last edited:

dibsen

Adventurer
image.jpg
Found a couple of these that had fallen from a tree near the road. It looked like a fruit; you can break the segments off to exposed a fleshy inside. Need to look this one up. image.jpg

dibsen

Adventurer
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Pics of castle ruins. In one of the pics you can see the ancient road next to the stairs; the path is practically vertical. As I jumped through the that opening in the wall, I kept thinking there would be a Habu sitting overhead just waiting to pounce on me. In fact I pretty much ran to the top and back because I didn't want to get bit by the deadly viper

dibsen

Adventurer
Which vehicle would you rather have with you on an overland trip?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
I attempted to hablar with this girl a little, from what I could make out, she built this rig herself. B.A.

dibsen

Adventurer
Not bad for our first day out☺️

I did notice a few issues with the Jero that I want to look into. Something in the steering linkage is loose/warn and the wiring of the stereo is suspect. Plugging a phone charger into the 12v socket below makes the stereo lose signal. Other than that, I'd like to put 2 more AT tires on (I'd really like to shoe the whole thing with a slightly bigger tire). I need a roof rack for our paddle boards and that's about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1