Lets see your full size Chevy!!!

tip

Adventurer
Currently saving for another full size Chevy pickup, hopefully by next summer. Not sure what it will be, can't decide!

Figured I'd update my post. Finally found a truck, an '85 K3500 in need of a lot of work.

IMG_5343.JPG

Chinesemonkey91

1982 k30

DSCI0208-1.jpg

1982 k30. Gotta remove some rust on the under carriage and for some reason every light works on it except the headlights. Once the outside gets done I'll be turning the inside into a camper. I also want to switch it from a dully to swb to make it better for offroading. It has a big block 454 7.4l so gas is an issue.
I'm still weighing out the options of either a propane conversion since most everything onboard will be propane or maybe a diesel engine instead. But goddamn I love this forum! So many inspiring adventures and ************ vehicles.

Somecallmetimm

Adventurer
I sold my jeep and got something with way more room. The 20's will be swapped out for some 17's and more aggressive tires. And while I'm still developing a mod list, it will include winch, custom bumpers and roof rack, as well as some interior organizational mods.
20140318_160121.jpg

empty_set

Just sprung for an '05 Z71 SilveRADo. 100K on the clock and seems like it's brand new. I think the previous grandparent(s) were awfully nice to this thing. This thread has got me thinking bad things.

snekvasil

Adventurer
Snekvasil's chevy

First of all, I have no idea how I've never seen this thread. I love seeing all these Chevy trucks, blazers, and burbs. My first Chevy truck was an M1008 that I used as a firewood hauler. After that beast, I was hooked.

Summer of 2013 I got this 1968 K10 short bed with a 292 cu in inline 6:

IMG_1129.JPG

Got it back to my current residence (Indiana) in the Spring of 2014 and here's how it currently sits:

2014111095132341-1.jpg

Let's keep the pics coming!!! Love seeing all these bowties.

Bojak

Adventurer
Here's mine. Got lots of plans, little money and less time. But it will be built one day. 89 V3500. I've recently scored some burban buckets and console but with the less time they are awesome garage seats. Has a 2" lift. I'm going to do a build thread soon. It will be more of a roamer than hardcore adventure rig.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416614950474.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416614950474.jpg
    557.1 KB · Views: 31
  • uploadfromtaptalk1416615023596.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416615023596.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 32

snekvasil

Adventurer
Here's mine. Got lots of plans, little money and less time. But it will be built one day. 89 V3500. I've recently scored some burban buckets and console but with the less time they are awesome garage seats. Has a 2" lift. I'm going to do a build thread soon. It will be more of a roamer than hardcore adventure rig.

Love it. I used to drive a truck like yours for a landscaping company I worked for. We used it to towtriple axle trailer with 3 zero turn mowers on it ...the truck acted like nothing was back there lol.

Bojak

Adventurer
Couple more. So long that it will never be a trail rig but I think me and my boys can have some adventures in it. Been getting it shook out mechanically for the last 2 years. Kingpins, leaf springs, brakes, etc.etc. It has improved dramatically over time and is almost there as far as the motor goes. Installing a champion radiator with twin fans currently. (Thanks pappawheelie) Old one was shot and was a junkyard swap the po had done and kind of Frankenstein'd in. I actually have another one too. I bought a 2wd lb reg cab that will be donating its hood and bed eventually. I never thought to take pictures of the parts truck.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416622178256.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416622178256.jpg
    596.6 KB · Views: 31
  • uploadfromtaptalk1416622207046.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416622207046.jpg
    581 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Sin

21 Pages of Chevy goodness!

I've got a 96 Silverado that I use to explore mines and ghost towns, it's also my daily driver right now.
I have a few mods done that I'm proud of:
6" Harbor Freight lights / modified to house HIDs
Heat extractor vents in the hood / made from a swamp cooler cover
Front bumper hoop / made from a damaged Westin Bull Bar
NBS Silverado overhead console / modified lit pods and to fit
Vertical spare tire bracket
Flush mounted rear aux lights
(it is my never ending project)

Sin

This Chevy was originally a two wheel dually. I swapped in Dana 60 and Cummins 12valve with NV4500 and NP205. 40 inch tires.
WOW very nice!

1982 k30. Gotta remove some rust on the under carriage and for some reason every light works on it except the headlights. Once the outside gets done I'll be turning the inside into a camper. I also want to switch it from a dully to swb to make it better for offroading. It has a big block 454 7.4l so gas is an issue.
I'm still weighing out the options of either a propane conversion since most everything onboard will be propane or maybe a diesel engine instead. But goddamn I love this forum! So many inspiring adventures and ************ vehicles.

Can't wait to see your build!

mike the welder

Adventurer
Here is my 1999 Suburban. All the interior is out at the moment(except drivers seat) to put down sound deadening and a new carpet kit. Should be done with that by the end of the weekend, then I'm starting on the new center console.

tires4.jpg
tires6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nchamp