Looky what I spotted on the highway near Reno, NV!

Youngunner

Adventurer
Three identical Hilux pickups with ARB bumpers! I almost crashed the ambulance just drooling over these! Headed east on I-80 to some lucky owner/s!

l_b3d4b5c460564a93bcfc0c849bdba9e8.jpg

ywen

Explorer
What do you think these are for? Auto manufacture imported for testing purpose? I mean you can't just buy these for the American market...

barlowrs

Explorer
Movie maybe? I would have tried to pull a "fast and the furious" and gotten away with at lease one..haha

Youngunner

Adventurer
It's funny you bring that up! I happen to be one of very few people who have been inside that complex and among even fewer who have been in the owner's house. Very cool place with very tight security!

I have seen the Navy Seals and special forces trainers around town in Fallon with machine guns mounted on various pickup trucks including Tundras.

Gun mount in the middle of the roll bar? vvvvvvvvvv
l_f4d3dfb0e517489e80e0763dd1c54331.jpg

Last edited:

Cobra_R

Adventurer
I have seen the Navy Seals and special forces trainers around town in Fallon with machine guns mounted on various pickup trucks including Tundras.

Wheres the pics of that lol?

Wow I'm really curious about those Hilux's. Its strange enough to see one Hilux, but three identical Hilux's? Wonder what they're being used for? You should have followed him to his destination lol.

Youngunner

Adventurer
Unfortunately I was in the ambulance on duty. I'll keep an eye out for them around town. I have a few contacts on the Navy base that might know about some new toys if that's where they're going...

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
They're are quite a few running around Reno from time to time. A local fab shop has a contract for suspension systems for different military groups and they were tested frequently outside of Reno.

A very good friend of mine even had one stored in his garage for an extended period. That was until the government agency responsible for them called the guy in charge and asked him why one of their "Trucks was in a garage on a street where it wasn't supposed to be." That's how they found out they were equipped with GPS tracking devices. A logical answer was provided and the hilux remained there for about another month.

I spent a few hours oogling it, but promised I would not take any photographs. They were not affiliated with the link provided above. The last group were ExPo white.

MillerPKA

Observer
Interesting thread, I was going to bash you for not following, but now having read I would have been equally disappointed you ditched your duty to go follow trucks on a bed :) Really cool though love to find out what the purpose was

CodyB

Observer
On Feb 16 in the late morning I passed the same truck and same three Hi-Lux's headed west bound on I-80 near Painted Rock. I was headed east bound. It definitely caught my attention too!

97kurt

Adventurer
Yeah, I got to see all 3 of them up close. I drooled quite a bit on the d4d block and had to wipe it up. The owner of the shop told me that pictures were not allowed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1