LR3 Hitch Options?

harbinger808

Adventurer
Just wanted to add something here for your info.
Eric sent me my rear bumper (which I absolutely love) from CA to AZ and the powder coat was scratched up really bad by the shipper. I believed he used UPS. Ask him how and who he is using. UPS didn't do squat about my bumper damage. None of it was Eric's fault, looked like the damn thing fell out the back of the truck and they just shoved it back in the busted shipping crate.

Okay, I'm talking to Eric now at TR about my bumpers. They go to powder coat tomorrow. Can you tell me what the finish is for the rough finish? I would like my bumpers that finish to match the hitch when I order it.

unseenone

Explorer
If it is going to HI I would suggest a crate be made for it... It adds to the dims and weight, but it's the only way to get it there with a hope of not damaging the finish.

If it is going to HI I would suggest a crate be made for it... It adds to the dims and weight, but it's the only way to get it there with a hope of not damaging the finish.

Just wanted to add something here for your info.
Eric sent me my rear bumper (which I absolutely love) from CA to AZ and the powder coat was scratched up really bad by the shipper. I believed he used UPS. Ask him how and who he is using. UPS didn't do squat about my bumper damage. None of it was Eric's fault, looked like the damn thing fell out the back of the truck and they just shoved it back in the busted shipping crate.

Eric is crating it for me prior to shipping. I'm hoping the first dings will be from the lava rocks on Oahu. Thanks for the heads up fellas, just don't want this to turn into my powder coat thread...ahhaha

mpinco

Expedition Leader
Finally had enough time and nice weather to install the Rhino hitch on my LR4. Won't repeat the above pics other than to say install went smooth.

Rhino_Hitch.jpg

Spare tire is a 285/60-18 General Grabber AT2 that I had to squeeze in there and did not fit with stock hitch. With the Rhino the only item that protruded was the 'key'. A simple alignment of tire tread with key and tire was coaxed into spare cavity.

Overall impressed. Now onto releveling my trailer. The new receiver point is 10" higher.

perkj

Explorer
Here are some pictures of the Rhino hitch with the hitch carrier attached to it from my trip to King's river this past weekend. Again the hitch performed flawlessly! Note the silver brace you see in photos attached to the hitch is a Hitch-Vise (http://www.hitchrider.com/nowobble.htm) which is used to keep the carrier from wobbling (both up/down & side-to-side) within the hitch. If you've used a hitch carrier before you understand the wobble I'm talking about. Its the only hitch stabilizer I've found that actually works to hold the carrier completely and firmly in place off-roading....worth its weight in gold and it fits the Rhino Hitch perfectly

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Finally had enough time and nice weather to install the Rhino hitch on my LR4. Won't repeat the above pics other than to say install went smooth.

View attachment 338091

Spare tire is a 285/60-18 General Grabber AT2 that I had to squeeze in there and did not fit with stock hitch. With the Rhino the only item that protruded was the 'key'. A simple alignment of tire tread with key and tire was coaxed into spare cavity.

Overall impressed. Now onto releveling my trailer. The new receiver point is 10" higher.

Exactly what I need! The 10" raise in attach point will be huge for my purposes and the overland trailer build. Thanks for the review.

unseenone

Explorer
Somebody with a tactical rovers bumper is supposed to come by Thursday. I was told by Josh at B4x4 that they fitted/are fitting one on a Kaymar and had to expand the hole. Keep you posted.

krick3tt

Adventurer
Installed this one as it is shorter and not in the way of the spare being used and considerably less expensive. Bolt on and not wedged in like the stock hitch so it will not have to come off to get to the spare.

Last edited:

mpinco

Expedition Leader
Installed this one as it is shorter and not in the way of the spare being used and considerably less expensive. Bolt on and not wedged in like the stock hitch so it will not have to come off to get to the spare.

Not sure I would load that with much weight. Two bolts and all the weight on a flange? Eeeck!

Somebody with a tactical rovers bumper is supposed to come by Thursday. I was told by Josh at B4x4 that they fitted/are fitting one on a Kaymar and had to expand the hole. Keep you posted.

My Tactical Rovers bumpers are coming out of powder coat Thursday and then prepping for shipping to Hawaii. I'll be your guinea pig...........just saying! :wings:

I'm pulling the factory rear, installing the OEM trailer harness and then the TR bumper and looking to order your hitch soon after. Additionally, I do not plan to run the spare under the truck. I am considering aux fuel or even a water tank with a full bash plate under body protection.

perkj

Explorer
My Tactical Rovers bumpers are coming out of powder coat Thursday and then prepping for shipping to Hawaii. I'll be your guinea pig...........just saying! :wings:

I'm pulling the factory rear, installing the OEM trailer harness and then the TR bumper and looking to order your hitch soon after. Additionally, I do not plan to run the spare under the truck. I am considering aux fuel or even a water tank with a full bash plate under body protection.

Very interested to see if the Rhino fits the TR bumper as it is on my future list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1

Members online