M416: Project Beer Crawler

RAZORBACK

Observer
Update

Used 'Super-liner' to spray the bottom and inside of tub. It turned out pretty good I think. It's texture falls somewhere in between Rhino Liner and Linex.

trailer002-3.jpg

trailer001-2.jpg

trailer022.jpg

trailer023.jpg

trailer024.jpg

trailer025.jpg

trailer026.jpg

Last edited:
Trailer

You need to get some wider fenders. I ran 33 inch tires on mine and took the stock fender to a metal shop and they made me new fenders 14 inches wide and then I had the fender Linex'd. This way you can cover the entire tire and the fenders look like they belong.

Your trailer came out great. I had the inside of my bed done in black Linex and the etire outside doen in white linex and now the trailer is bulletproof.

RAZORBACK

Observer
fenders

You need to get some wider fenders. I ran 33 inch tires on mine and took the stock fender to a metal shop and they made me new fenders 14 inches wide and then I had the fender Linex'd. This way you can cover the entire tire and the fenders look like they belong.

Your trailer came out great. I had the inside of my bed done in black Linex and the etire outside doen in white linex and now the trailer is bulletproof.

Thanks, yeah I am getting the fab shop that is making my aluminum top, to fab up some fenders as well. Then gonna put an ARB RTT on top

jeeper92

Adventurer
wow!

LOOKS AWESOME I AM BUILDING MINE A LITTLE BIT AT A TIME. GONNA TRY AND have it ready for the spring............How did you get the paint to match your jeep like that, what kind did yo use? I need details!! :wings: Any help would be greatly appreciated

RAZORBACK

Observer
???

I painted the trailer myself. It was my first attempt at painting and turned out pretty good. Just got the paint code for the flame red off of my Jeep. I also painted the Poison Spyder crusher corners on my jeep. I had one small paint drip, but not bad for my first paint attempt.

Not much to say about the top yet. I'll post pics when I get it.

gasman

Adventurer
nice job fo sure !! it looks like it belongs behind the jk,
its nice that the 416 tub can be seperated from the frame,
i have been slowy rebuilding my rebuild, on my cdn m101
since i bought my new jeep and the paint dont match any more, i stripped everything off and dropped it at the sand blasters last week ,my first paint job was done in a hurry and i didnt have time to do it right,
it was ready for pick up today but i didnt get out of work early enough,,

i will be painting shortly, i have very little experiance with automotive paint but i am gonna learn, i have a bud who used to paint cars and is willing to teach me

all the tie downs and supports will be powdercoated,( that i wont be doing)

my new rubi is mango tango so the trailer will be mango and black,

gasman

Adventurer
how was the super liner to work with ? , was this a rattle can ? it looks like a real nice job
im not sure what i am going to line mine with yet, i was thinkin dupli colour bed liner,
mine looked like this
IMG_0143.jpg

and should look like this when done (photo chop)
IMG_2264-1.jpg

RAZORBACK

Observer
Superliner

The superliner was easier to work with than I thought. I borrowed a Schultz gun from a buddy and just took my time. Turned out really good and about $400 cheaper than what the local Linex dealer wanted. I also like the texture better than Linex and Rhinoliner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1