M416: Project Beer Crawler

RAZORBACK

Observer
RTT

This is when I first got the tent. The weight from the tent made the stock fenders rub my 37's a little bit so I have since switched them out for some with a wider and more open design to solve the problem.
C7C36B38-EB6A-42CA-AFCD-A558CD045645-122-0000002248789E6C.jpg

Last edited:

DonBeasley

Adventurer
With those big tires your tent looks smaller than mine but it is not. How high is the bottom of the tent from the ground? Looks great. :Wow1:

RAZORBACK

Observer
With those big tires your tent looks smaller than mine but it is not. How high is the bottom of the tent from the ground? Looks great. :Wow1:

Lol, thanks Don. I'm not sure but I can get a measurement tomorrow. I have been talking to those folks that altered your annex and I need to get a good measurement for them. The nitto mud grapplers wear great (as long as theyre rotated) and get super sticky on the rocks so I've always ran them on my jeeps since they've been on the market.

DonBeasley

Adventurer
When I was trying to get a good measurement I set the back panel on by itself and took my first measurement off of there. I finally ended up at 10" but if I was doing it again I would probably only do 9" but both would work for me and the bottom of my tent right at 5'.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Now that is a sharp looking combo.
Is the hawk trained to release the prey to you, of is it hers if she gets it?

It would be fun to have her over and let my neighbors with small yappy dogs scatter
when she took flight!

RAZORBACK

Observer
She is trained to "trade off" meaning after she catches and dispatches the prey, I trade her a small piece of meat in exchange for the squirrel, rabbit, etc. She hunts with my dog and picks up on the dogs body language when he finds something to point then flush. We are careful not too hunt too close to houses as small/toy breeds would be easy prey for a hawk her size.

As for the harvested animal. I clean them and freeze them and end up feeding her through the summer the majority of what she has killed. All of us local falconers do meet up towards the end of the season (late Feb) and have a wild game cookout pot luck sort of thing where we eat, drink and share good hunting stories from the season. Those of us who also fly falcons harvest duck, dove and quail...some of which makes it's way into a gumbo. 5 or 6 Rabbit recipes, rabbit fricasee being my personal favorite, are usually on the menu as well as top knotch bourbon and scotch. Good times.

Last edited:

RAZORBACK

Observer
Let there be light

I put these LED bulbs in the military light housing a couple of years ago and they're still going strong.

2ED8BE72-4785-406A-AA8C-DBC287BE3FDC-285-0000003F023939B4.jpg

Matt

Adventurer
I like that idea! Did you buy those at an auto parts store or did you have to order them?

I have the same lights but they were too corroded inside to save. I replaced the insides and used a standard bulb. They're not as bright as I'd like.

RAZORBACK

Observer
Got them off of eBay. Superbriteleds.com has some wide beam ones that I've seen people use. They were like 6 or 7 bucks a piece with shipping. Just match up the traditional bulb #. They are a lot brighter than regular bulbs and you can still use the original 24 volt harness. I just wired a 4 pin plug to mine to hook up to my jeep.

Matt

Adventurer
Thanks for the info!
I got my 3/4" LED's that I used for my side marker lights from that place.

RAZORBACK

Observer
No problem buddy. I've been meaning to update my build for a while but life
gets in the way I guess. I've got some of those 3/4" marker LEDs too. They work great for sure.

RAZORBACK

Observer
I cut a notch through the inside lip of the fender so the stock tab on the trailer slides through...Then used a stainless button head bolt through the fender and tab. Used another buttonhead on each side that goes through the fender and frame.

74CJ5

Observer
Sweet set up! I love your trailer but decided to go with an M101 instead mainly because i need to haul up to 7 bikes plus gear and a kayak. Nice rig too, are you on JK-Forum at all?

TheJosh

Explorer
Love your trailer build, the paint is a beauty!

I plan on get a HVLP gun and learn to paint myself on the trailer. But I have a bit of body work and patching holes before I can.

I really like the lid, did you build it yourself? How much did it cost? It's very clean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1